• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Junko Takeuchi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I liked the interview with Ms. Takeuchi. If I had the chance,I would have asked her a couple of questions. One would have been,has she ever met the English language voice of Naruto,Maile Flannagan? Another is would she ever want to do an American animated film or series?
The reason I ask is I've heard of a couple of Japanese voice actresses that would be great on both sides of the Pacific. One is Megumi Hayashibara. She's a Japanese voice actress that has been one of the biggest stars in voice acting in Japan. When I looked her up on Wikipedia,I learned that she knows English pretty well. She had starred in an English language version of "Alice in Wonderland" when she was younger. I think she'd do a great job in both American and Japanese animation.

Another Japanese voice actress that might do great here is Yuki Kaida. She not only knows English,but according to her Wikipedia page,she spent her college years in San Diego. I think they can do well in both Japanese and American animation. What do you guys think? Which Japanese voice actor or actress would you like to see do an American cartoon or animated movie?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
It was an interesting interview. I wish you guys would get ahold of Masako Nozawa next. Or Mayumi Tanaka.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
One would have been,has she ever met the English language voice of Naruto,Maile Flannagan?

at the panel, they had Maile in a video asking Takeuchi-san questions, so i can make an educated guess that, no, they didn't have a chance to meet.
REDOG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I wish you guys would get ahold of Masako Nozawa next. Or Mayumi Tanaka.

Oh, Masako Nozawa interview would be great. And if we are talking about veteran seiyuus, i will add Rayusei Nakao and especially Ichiro Nagai and Mami koyama.

And i imagine that if ANN would do an interview with Rumi Park, there would be a massive amount of posts in an identical time to the time this interview is posted.

Neat interview. Some of her thoughts are pretty surprising, like for example, that she thought at the start of voicing naruto that he was loud and obnoxious brat. And, for another example, that she don't know even after doing it many times how to approach voicing young boys.

Well, it is surprising because anime is so full of those (young boys). And there is a regular for females for voicing young boys even more in japan than other countries, that it is just seems natural and adding the fact they are so good at this. And from reading another interviews with female seiyuus who regularly playing young kids i got the impression they like them. So it is probably my wrong impression as non-female and non-japanese.

Also, she seems to have a tad more appreciation for live arts.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I've been curious but I wonder how it feels for girls to voice act boys in anything. I know Mona Marshall and Barbara Goodson have plenty of experience there, and I'm sure we can't forget Billie Lou Watt (who was the first English voice for Astro and at the time no one thought Billie could be a girl's name). Just what is it like to voice the opposite sex?
Gwydion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Aw, I may not be into Naruto anymore, but I love Takeuchi Junko, so I very much appreciated the interview (especially the part about cats, haha). Wish I could have gone to NYCC - between her, Hiro Mashima, and Makoto Shinkai, I'm not quite sure what I would have done with myself. I mean, I've yet to go to an anime con with guests I actually care about (dang you, work, making me miss FLOW at ACen '11...), so 3 all at the same one...
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Lovely interview Laughing Thanks Junko (and ANN for conducting the interview)!

She is realyl crazy about her cats too.
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Cool! I really like Takeuchi's work as Naruto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1