• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Hellsing anime on the way

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
See kids? For years people who had no way of verifying it said there would be more Hellsing, and now there is! Which means all rumors are true! Look for the second seasons of Beserk, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop to bypass Japan entierly and premiere unedited with subtitles on Adult Swim next week.

(for the humor impaired: the above is a pack of filthy lies.)

Anyway, this is one of the best announcements in months. I hope they plan to go to the end of the manga-but even more than that, I hope they bring back the original english cast. BEST DUB EVER.
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
Oh.

Sweet.

God.

Thank you.
Dejiko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
Uh-oh, Ms. Answerman may be 'looking forward' to a couple of "See, I told you!" kind of mails Wink
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:04 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
See kids? For years people who had no way of verifying it said there would be more Hellsing, and now there is! Which means all rumors are true! Look for the second seasons of Beserk, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop to bypass Japan entierly and premiere unedited with subtitles on Adult Swim next week.

Anyway, this is one of the best announcements in months. I hope they plan to go to the end of the manga-but even more than that, I hope they bring back the original english cast. BEST DUB EVER.

Whoa down, before we jump to conclusion, it's only going to be anOVA. Most OVA are 2 to 4 episode long, so until I see how many episode there is, I don't want to put too much hype on it. There isn't that much material to work with, since there's only been 7 volume of stuff out. My prediction is it's going to be a 4 OVA. (so basically just like a movie, only crop up).

You're talking about a second season (13-26 episode). They are not doing a second season. And if they do follow the manga, they need to go back and change a lot of the anime.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:00 am Reply with quote
*jaw drops, gugling noises heard*

Awesomness. The series was good, but the manga has so much good stuff in it that they never really got to! Like Pip! And Rip! Well, those are the only characters ending in -ip, but there are another of others too. Plus I can only hope we get to see the aircraft carrier scenes. Of course that leads right into a whole arc that's still going in the manga and boy is it nuts! Also, aside from Millenium, I'd love to see more Iscariot, particularly Heinkel and Yumie.

While the anime has a more somber and serious tone, which I like, they can still have some damn good fun with what's in the rest of the manga.

-Xenos
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:25 am Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:
Uh-oh, Ms. Answerman may be 'looking forward' to a couple of "See, I told you!" kind of mails Wink

That's why God invented the delete button. Laughing
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Whoa down, before we jump to conclusion, it's only going to be anOVA. Most OVA are 2 to 4 episode long, so until I see how many episode there is, I don't want to put too much hype on it. There isn't that much material to work with, since there's only been 7 volume of stuff out. My prediction is it's going to be a 4 OVA. (so basically just like a movie, only crop up).

You're talking about a second season (13-26 episode). They are not doing a second season. And if they do follow the manga, they need to go back and change a lot of the anime.

Actually, I'm not talking about a second season. As I mentioned before, the entire first paragraph of that post was a JOKE. Having said that, I think "more Hellsing anime" is close enough to the rumors that we shouldn't quibble over how long it may or may not be.

And anyway, there have been several OVA series over the years which have been as long as some shorter TV series (13 or so episodes) especially those based on already popular franchises like, say...Hellsing.
zegron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:04 am Reply with quote
Be right back... I have to change my pants.. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cell21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:19 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I sorta expected that a second season would come out.
CuLT²

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote
excellent, after the disastrously handled last few episodes of the series, it needs a second chance to do the manga justice.
Abarekiller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote
Oh Yeah The King of the Vampires Alucard is back. Cool
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Wyvern wrote:

Well, really, OVA has no defined limits. It could be one episode or 110 episodes. Whatever they do will need to contain some kind of complete story though, so I'd guess that it would be at least three episodes.
Rebecca

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Dejiko wrote:

That's why God invented the delete button. Laughing

You read my mind.
Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:50 am Reply with quote
This was rather unexpected.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4