• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Movie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
If only they'd release a DVD of just Tachikoma Days. 8,000 yen, wow, that's a lot. I didn't completely understand what they meant by
Quote:
Bandai Visual has announced (Japanese) they are releasing a 140-minute compilation movie of the entire Laughing Man "complex" stories from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex season 1.
Confused
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a 'Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex' movie? Sounds good to me. Very Happy

At least it will be better than the movies that were previously were released. Not that they were bad mind you, but this will be closer to the TV series.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
RIP-OFF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I agree, sounds like Bandai is out for money on this one
Sounds like what they are going to do is take all the episodes thats laughing-man related string them togeather with two or 3 mins of "new" scenes (or my favorite same scenes from a diffrent angle like in Death and Rebirth) and make some pure profit since it has allready been drawn, some of my favorite stores in SAC is the none plot everyday Sec-9 adventures so count me out if it comes state side, but the Tachikomas im all for
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NeoEllis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
RIP-OFF

How so? It's not like we'll be paying anymore and $25 when this inevitably hits the States.

Personally, I’m very happy about this. While I’m not a huge GiTS fan, I did like the first movie quiet a bit, but I was never able to say awake to watch the series and I’ve been investing the money in other anime on DVD. As long as this film is put together well, it should be shelf worthy, as it were.
IanC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like the Gundam SEED Special Editions to me.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I'd expect to pay $40 for this myself.

This may actually be a good thing, as now viewers can finally understand what the blankety-blank the Complex Episodes were all about.

Hopefully, this will have less holes/plot destruction than what the Escaflowne movie seemed to have.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Sounds like the Gundam SEED Special Editions to me.

Which in themselves are hardly anything new, considering how the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy, Gundam 0083: The Last Blitz of Zeon, Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor, 08th MS Team: Miller's Report, Turn-A Gundam: Earth Light, & Turn-A Gundam: Moonlight Butterfly already beat SEED to the recap movie punch. And that's JUST other Gundam titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Erufu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this is just Bandai milking the cash cow for all it's worth. Anybody that has seen the series is an idiot for buying this. I was excited when I read the title but then I found out it was recycled footage. I don't want to watch the core of a 26 episode series be condensed down into a movie.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I think the title should be Ghost in the Shell: Stand Along Complex: The Search for More Money.

-Xenos
Walkabout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Aww man, a re-recording?
Well that bites, as it's the most appealing part of this package...
I say this purely form the point that we likely won't get it and that, even if we do, I won't buy it...
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Erufu wrote:
Oh, this is just Bandai milking the cash cow for all it's worth. Anybody that has seen the series is an idiot for buying this. I was excited when I read the title but then I found out it was recycled footage. I don't want to watch the core of a 26 episode series be condensed down into a movie.

Well, I've seen the series and I'm buying it, so I resent being called an idiot. =P

And, no one's got a gun to your head or anything, so I'm not sure why you apparently feel somehow compelled to buy it and watch it yourself.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I was excited when I read the title but then I found out it was recycled footage.
So was I Sad. Since I own the DVDs (save vol. 7) it sounds like a waste of money to me. The DVDs have "Tachikoma Days" and the documentary "Archives," so why pay $20+ for a few extra minutes of video? Confused Bandai, why?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1