• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Type Moon: Fate/Stay Night Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Ooooo, exciting! Very Happy

Definetely going to check out since I really liked Tsukihime. I wonder if this one is going to be more action packed. Rolling Eyes
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
hmm I dont remember but was Ren in fate stay knight?

I hope she's in the anime I liked her.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
DarkHunter6523

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Ren wasn't in Fate/Stay Night, but Rin Tohsaka is. Ren is Arcueid's familiar, the little black cat from Tsukihime. Rin is one of the Mages competing in the Sangreale War.
There is a picture of her in the encyclopedia entry for Fate/Stay Night here on ANN, she is the one in red on the left.

I do have a question to anyone who might know,
When this News entry was first posted, the encyclopedia entry for Fate had pretty much the whole cast with their VA's, what happened to that?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely going to check this out if I can since I really liked Tsukihime as well. Is this just a spin-off or are some characters from Tsukihime in it as well?
MrProsser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't played Fate/Stay Night, so if anyone wants to correct me do go ahead. While I believe it takes places in the same universe, and I think it is roughly at the same time, I don't think there are any cameos or appearances made by the Tsukihime characters, so I doubt they will be in the show.
Ialdaboth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Same than MrProsser

Kruszer wrote:
I'm definitely going to check this out if I can since I really liked Tsukihime as well. Is this just a spin-off or are some characters from Tsukihime in it as well?

No, it takes place in the same Type Moon universe than Tsukihime but it's completely independant.

Infos : http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm

Last edited by Ialdaboth on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nekotine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Definetely going to check out since I really liked Tsukihime. I wonder if this one is going to be more action packed. Rolling Eyes

fate/stay night is a lot more action oriented since the plot is that there's a 'war' going on between seven Masters with their Servant familiar fighters to obtain the Holy Grail that will grant a wish.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The funny thing is that I asked about this at Geneon's Tsukihime panel at AX last year. It's kinda nice to see that Type-Moon's efforts are recognized. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ialdaboth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quote
Nekotine wrote:

fate/stay night is a lot more action oriented since the plot is that there's a 'war' going on between seven Masters with their Servant familiar fighters to obtain the Holy Grail that will grant a wish.

That's funny when you think about it, because I have the impression that FSN protagonists are, overall, much less powerful than in Tsukihime : Arc is Earth's ultimate being and has Marble Phantasm, Shiki has Nanaya blood + Eyes of Death, Nero = one of the 27 Dead Apostles, Akiha has demon blood, Ciel is immortal, and Aoko seems to be freakingly powerful. Thanks god there wasn't much fights in Tsukihime, the world would have crumbled .

Saber, Caster & all are "just" heroes. Razz
kouryuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote
DarkHunter6523 wrote:

I do have a question to anyone who might know,
When this News entry was first posted, the encyclopedia entry for Fate had pretty much the whole cast with their VA's, what happened to that?

I was the original poster of information, and the only information I had is what still remains posted? so that's all i can tell you for now.

Regarding the trailer:
For the footage, they had a weary-looking Rin sitting on a bus, the first meeting between Archer and Rin (the room's a mess), a showdown between Shirou and Lancer, Archer vs Berserker, a conversation at the church between Kotomine Kirei, Shirou and Rin, and finally, the scene where Saber asks Shirou 'the question'. The trailer concludes with an irritated Fuji-nee. As could be expected from promotional footage, the quality was high; at any rate, there was more motion than the Game OP.

I'm still looking for this trailer, so help is appreciated.

and to quote members from the forum where i heard this from, in regards to casting:

"As long as we don't picture Saber-omatic saying 'ecchi na no ha ikenai to omoimasu!' we'll be fine."
"great, now I'm having images of Saber throwing away Shirou's H-doujin"
"Maybe that's how she'll replenish her power in the absence of ecchi!"
"That would be really quite preferable to what actually happens in-game, don't you think? -_-"
DarkHunter6523

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
kouryuu wrote:
I was the original poster of information, and the only information I had is what still remains posted? so that's all i can tell you for now.

The origional information features a full cast list that had the VA's for all of the Masters and Servants with the exception of Illyasviel von Einzbern. It even featured the VA who will be voicing Ilya's twin servants, and Fujimura's full name. You definately did not post the origional info, if you posted what's there now...

Ialdaboth wrote:
That's funny when you think about it, because I have the impression that FSN protagonists are, overall, much less powerful than in Tsukihime...

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. Saber's Excalibur is kinda used to eliminate armies and with Avalon protecting her, she could easily confront Arcueid's Marble Phantasm. Archer's UBW Reality Marble definately makes him a far superior fighter than Shiki and Akiha, leaving only Ciel and Nero to be anything of a challenge. Aoko is a hard one ot beat, she is one of the 5 great magicians, but Zelretch is also in Fate/Stay Night, although very much a secondary character, and he's been around since before Arcueid was born and he destroyed the Red Moon, so he definately has more experience than Aoko and is quite powerful. The Magicians also don't interfere in human events, so I doubt Aoko and Zelretch would even make such an appearance.
Ialdaboth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
kouryuu wrote:

"As long as we don't picture Saber-omatic saying 'ecchi na no ha ikenai to omoimasu!' we'll be fine."

Who didn't think that while reading the VA list ? Very Happy

DarkHunter6523 wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

And you didn't even get started on Lancer, Berserker or Assassin Very Happy

Okay. Now what about if we pit the whole 27ADA against the FSN cast ? ORT against Saber, Primate Murder against Archer and Altrouge against Rin & Shirou ? Laughing

Looking desesperatly for the trailer, too. Smile
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
DarkHunter6523 wrote:
The origional information features a full cast list that had the VA's for all of the Masters and Servants with the exception of Illyasviel von Einzbern. It even featured the VA who will be voicing Ilya's twin servants, and Fujimura's full name. You definately did not post the origional info, if you posted what's there now...

Unfortunately I don't remember seing any of that wehn I posted the news article...

-t
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
The only full cast list a friend of mine & myself found was a fan poll asking people who they thought should play each role. Sounded too good to be true, until we found out it wasn't real (I was royally pissed off to find out that Yuu Asakawa wasn't actually doing Rider, in particular).

I'm going to guess we're both talking about the same cast list (since everything you mention about Ilya's servants & such was included), in which case what was posted in the ANN report is the only confirmed news we have at the moment.

EDIT: Fixed the link.

Last edited by Nagisa on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DarkHunter6523

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Tempest,
Thanks for the reply. I'm still quite sure of what I saw, but if even you say it wasn't there, then I'll just have to look elsewhere.

Ialdaboth wrote:
And you didn't even get started on Lancer, Berserker or Assassin Very Happy

Lancer isn't really that powerful in the first place...he is a secondary character so he doesn't get any time to shine, but I'm sure he can probably do something impressive.
Berserker, I'm quite sure could put up an impressive fight against any of the Tsukihime characters. Archer is quite an impressive fighter and he took Archer out, so I'm gonna have to say Berserker is quite strong.
Assassin was a fodder character, he kinda dies and no one really likes him much. Can't defend him much at all.

Now placing the 27 Dead Apostles against Fate, isn't quite fair. You actually meet Zelretch in Fate so he is kinda on the wrong side...and if you're gonna extend every character in the Tsukihime world into this, then it's really not fair since Fate is in this universe...

One last thing, why does everyone just gotta dis Saber-omatic...I mean Kawasumi Ayako? I'll admit that I was skeptical at first, especially since she's been doing almost nothing but little cute fanservice characters for a while now. But I went and watched the AMG movie again the other night and as Morgan, she has what I definately think is the perfect disposition for Saber, with a little bit of work here and there of course. I firmly believe that she can do it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2