• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: L'Arc-en-Ciel to be 1st Japanese Band to Headline Madison Square Garden

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how wacky and or crazy their band rider is?

It sounds like the oversold or sold out the smaller venue--good for them--so it will be interesting to see how they do in a larger venue.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I live really close to there... maybe I should go Very Happy
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
DUDE THAT'S AWESOME Very Happy
I would totaly love to see them live :3....too bad I'll be at an anime con that weekend Smile

But now atleast I can say that my mom's favorite band, Bon Jovi, and my favorite JRock Band have played in that same place.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
preorders were for the super expensive tickets only. I wonder if they sold out... but the new date seems to work better for me. w00! *crosses fingers for general sale*
Dimlos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote
High demand, huh? I'm not really a fan, but that's still pretty impressive for a Japanese band in America.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
Well that news is good to hear. There are several other japanese artists I'd rather see first, but I'll have to listen to a few of their songs and think about going, especially when it's so easy to get to.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Just bought my tickets. You had to sign up for an exclusive "Fan" mailing list to get the Pre-sale tickets. I don't really think they're that expensive considering this is their very first time playing in New York and for one night only. It's really like being a part of History. I'm almost fairly certain, they are going to sell out MSG. Can't wait!
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Just bought my tickets. You had to sign up for an exclusive "Fan" mailing list to get the Pre-sale tickets. I don't really think they're that expensive considering this is their very first time playing in New York and for one night only. It's really like being a part of History. I'm almost fairly certain, they are going to sell out MSG. Can't wait!

I saw them before at Otakon, but i was only given one price option for the tickets when I went to buy them yesterday, so I'm going to take my chances on the general sale for some cheaper nosebleeds. I just can't afford 90 bucks a ticket right now, especially since I heard Gackt is planning a US tour...
Veroniku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I took advantage of the pre-sale.

Within 10 minutes, all the front-floor sections were sold out. They were too expensive for me so I got a middle-back section on the floor, for 88$ (that's a more reasonable price for me). I'm pretty sure those seats will be nice, since I would think it'd be right next to the sound-tech-guy (thus with best sound), but I've never been at the MSG myself.

During pre-sale quite a lot of rows from the 100s were soldout. I think there's a possiblity that they'll sellout the MSG, but I wouldn't bet on it, 'cause I don't think anyone wants those seats behind the stage. -_-

Laruku are not only popular, but the MSG is their only US venue. They so rarely come to USA so yeah. I'm personally going from Montreal for this.

I saw Hyde live before (in a Vamps concert in NY), he has a lot of stage presence, even if he's so short Anime hyper
isoge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Sucks to be me with the set date Sad Ah well, London here I come o.O
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1