L'Arc-en-Ciel to be 1st Japanese Band to Headline Madison Square Garden
posted on by Joseph First
The J-Rock band L'Arc-en-Ciel announced on Wednesday it will perform at Madison Square Garden in New York City on March 25, making it the first Japanese band to headline a concert at the main venue. The concert was originally slated for March 23 at the smaller Theater at Madison Square Garden, but the concert has been pushed back and moved to the larger venue due to high demand.
Those interested in attending the concert can purchase tickets starting on January 28.
The band is playing in New York as part of its "L'Arc-en-Ciel World Tour 2012." Other locations and dates for that tour include:
- Hong Kong's Asia World Expo Arena on March 3
- Bangkok's Impact Arena on March 7
- Shanghai's Mercedes-Benz Arena on March 10
- Taipei's TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall on March 17
- London's indigO2 on April 11
- Paris' Le Zenith de Paris on April 14
- Seoul's Jamsil Gymnasium on May 5
- Yokohama's Nissan Stadium on May 12 and 13
- Osaka's Universal Studios Japan Open Air Special Stage on May 19 and 20
The world tour follows the band's 20th L'Anniversary Live tour in Japan. The band previously performed at Otakon in Baltimore in 2004. L'Arc-en-Ciel has performed theme songs for the Fullmetal Alchemist television anime series and the two Fullmetal Alchemist films, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, and Rurouni Kenshin, among others.
The band will release its new album BUTTERFLY on February 8 on iTunes.