• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Twin Spica GN 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote
I noticed that typo too!

I donno, reviewing a double sized volume like this on the merits of the way the arcs go within it seems a bit unfair, but you are pretty much on target. The begining was amazing, and the end was pretty cool, this middle was sort of just there, but it was decent there.

I am looking forward to Vol 12 and the end of the series, I gotta know!
partially

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, I was a bit annoyed by the ending of this volume. Ended on a pretty significant cliffhanger again, and twice in a row now just annoys me. The author seems to go for a bit more attention grabbing stuff than he has done in past volumes, I guess maybe sales were dipping around this time or something.

EDIT: And I noticed volumes were getting thicker, but hadn't realised they were expanding the chapter counts compared to the Japanese releases. So actually when I think of it the cliffhanger of this one was actually a volume later in Japan, which would of been better paced. So actually only one volume to go now eh. Bring on May already.
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:

EDIT: And I noticed volumes were getting thicker, but hadn't realised they were expanding the chapter counts compared to the Japanese releases. So actually when I think of it the cliffhanger of this one was actually a volume later in Japan, which would of been better paced. So actually only one volume to go now eh. Bring on May already.

Surely you mean March. Although May is looking pretty sweet when Vertical releases the first volume of Flowers of Evil. I hope ANN reviews that one, as well.

Sadly, I ordered my copy late so no vol 11 for me yet ("On Order from Manufacturer"... what? ran out of you first batch of copies already, TRSI?)

As for the art, this isn't Yotsuba&! where less is more. Kou Yaginuma is just not great of an artist. But his storytelling more than makes up for his shortcomings.
partially

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
So I do. Wonder where I thought May from, everything does indeed seem to say March Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1