• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Atlus To Release Persona 4 Arena Fighting Game in N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Well that's certainly a fast release window...not that I'm complaining. While I don't have any serious doubt the original VA's will be available, if they are it should mean some very good things for Sentai's dub of the P4 anime Very Happy

Either way I'll be picking this one up.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Not a peep regarding a European release? Oh well, I'll just have to get the American version if it's not too expensive...
opn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Well that's certainly a fast release window...not that I'm complaining. While I don't have any serious doubt the original VA's will be available, if they are it should mean some very good things for Sentai's dub of the P4 anime Very Happy

Either way I'll be picking this one up.

well persona four was released four monthes after the original japanese release so i sorta expected this. now we just need the golden announced and i'll be a happy persona fan Razz (and maybe a slim chance at sentai somehow releasing the anime this year). anyway will defenitly pick this up Smile.
Giant_Robo_28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Ever since this was announced, I've been waiting for Atlus to say when they'd be bringing it state side. Now all they have to do is announce Persona 5 and I can die a happy man!
Jimbobaka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Are the controls and fight mechanics based on the Arcs system, most notably used in the BlazBlue titles?

If so, then I suppose picking up BlazBlue Continium Shift EXTEND would warm me up for the game's fighting system. I've been on the fence about impulse buying BB:CSE and reading this announcement is kind of nudging me forward into picking up a copy after work today ^^;.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Not a peep regarding a European release? Oh well, I'll just have to get the American version if it's not too expensive...

It seems like most of these types of games from japan only come out in america... Can't tell you why, but I can guess that the producers don't think there are as many potential customers in EU as there are in america maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Everyone just says "Summer" for the release, but Gamestop has it listed for August 7.

Kinda wish they kept the original name, just saying "Arena" isn't very interesting. Maybe they should have called it "Persona 4: The Ultimate Arena?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Im quite looking forward to how this game plays out. And the sprites look like <3.

Agreed about the dub name though...was expecting something like 'Midnight Arena'. But...as long as we get it, I guess.

opn wrote:

well persona four was released four monthes after the original japanese release so i sorta expected this. now we just need the golden announced and i'll be a happy persona fan Razz (and maybe a slim chance at sentai somehow releasing the anime this year). anyway will defenitly pick this up Smile.

Sentai is already shooting to release the anime this year.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-09-27/sentai-filmworks-licenses-persona-4-the-animation
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Everyone just says "Summer" for the release, but Gamestop has it listed for August 7.

Kinda wish they kept the original name, just saying "Arena" isn't very interesting. Maybe they should have called it "Persona 4: The Ultimate Arena?

Seems everything is ultimate nowadays, ultimate this, ultimate that...........
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1