• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto: Road to Ninja Film's Story, Designs Penned by Kishimoto

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome, wonder what it'll be about.

Odd how Ino seems to be sporting a cargo jacket suddenly with spikier hair. Or how Hinata is in some kind of sports bra. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Maybe some kind of 'flash forward' to them as older teens/adults perhaps?
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quote
i am looking foward to seeing is movie more then seeing blood prison now
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Odd how Ino seems to be sporting a cargo jacket suddenly with spikier hair. Or how Hinata is in some kind of sports bra. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Maybe some kind of 'flash forward' to them as older teens/adults perhaps?
also tobi is in the background which is interesting to see the main villain in is movie
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 am Reply with quote
Trying to get some of dat Strong World money huh?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote
They ran out of ideas for these Naruto films after the last horrid one.
About time we had a Naruto movie of some importance and hopefully quality.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
About time you worked in a movie, Kishimoto! Laughing

By the way, what are Tobi, Minato and Kushina doing in the poster if this is a film? And wasn't the previous movie, Blood Prison, by a famous writer?
hussar67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Maybe Kishimoto just decided to give them a sexiness switcheroo. Hinata seems to be much more popular than Ino (in the States, at least).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote
So what else is this going to take from Strong World? A ship-tease subplot that gets resolved without changing that status quo?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I guess people here don't watch much anime if they think Oda working on Strong World is the first and only instance of a mangaka working on an anime adaption.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
I guess people here don't watch much anime if they think Oda working on Strong World is the first and only instance of a mangaka working on an anime adaption.

No, but it is remarkably close and both concern what are otherwise glorified filler episodes. You're not necessarily copying from the inventor when you copy.
Hospodar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

How many WSJ mangaka before Oda and Strong World did have some part in a movies production? I don't remember any. But since strong world where it did earn 5 times the amount of money an OP movie normally does I have seen Sorachi(Gintama) Kubo(Bleach) and now Kishi have some kind of part in the movie creation and coincidentally those are the only WSJ Mangaka that got movies.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Hospodar wrote:
How many WSJ mangaka before Oda and Strong World did have some part in a movies production? I don't remember any. But since strong world where it did earn 5 times the amount of money an OP movie normally does I have seen Sorachi(Gintama) Kubo(Bleach) and now Kishi have some kind of part in the movie creation and coincidentally those are the only WSJ Mangaka that got movies.

Toriyama worked on the Bardock special, and was involved in a lot of the movies, actually. Outside WSJ, though Takeuchi wrote one of the Sailor Moon movies. It's not really uncommon for the mangaka to be involved in anime affairs, like how Takahashi helped out with GX and stuff.

And even that wasn't the case, the idea of "zomg it's copying" is pretty fanboyish, especially if it's for a big event like a 10 year anniversary. You might as well say Oda copied Kishimoto by having a timeskip and aging his characters a few years. It'd make just as much sense.
Makubex88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Hospodar wrote:

Toriyama worked on the Bardock special, and was involved in a lot of the movies, actually. Outside WSJ, though Takeuchi wrote one of the Sailor Moon movies. It's not really uncommon for the mangaka to be involved in anime affairs, like how Takahashi helped out with GX and stuff.

And even that wasn't the case, the idea of "zomg it's copying" is pretty fanboyish, especially if it's for a big event like a 10 year anniversary. You might as well say Oda copied Kishimoto by having a timeskip and aging his characters a few years. It'd make just as much sense.

But, unlike Kishimoto, Oda timeskip made sense and was needed, while Kishimoto's time skip beginning just pathetic.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
awesome cant wait Very Happy
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
This might be the second naruto movie that's actually related enough to the main story for VIZ to pick it up!

I'm hoping that we get to see more of the fourth and Naruto's mother. Although I know I'm dreaming, I'd actually like to see a Naruto movie where they show an alternate reality in which Naruto's & Sasuke's family are actually present and accounted for. I think this would be a nice and refreshing story to tell. Although at the end it would most likely have to go back to reality to even get pitched.

Still it would be interesting none the less.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2