• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chitose Get You!! 4-Panel Comedy Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
erm....lolicon series? and uh...how old is the guy? Is he like 20 something? and she's...I dunno..9? because that's disturbing. Very.

Then again, if it doesn't have any disgusting moments I guess it would be ok?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Oh this is going to be fun a lolicon a teacher and a guy who all ways get bugged by lolicon
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
Glad to see another lolicon anime. Theres not enough of them these days.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
oh everyone, don't get your panties in a twist prematurely. It's a 4-panel comic adaptation. It'll probably be as comparable to Kodomo no Jikan as Kill Me Baby is to Gunslinger Girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
Chitose's design looks very inspired by 90s anime/manga to me.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
erm....lolicon series? and uh...how old is the guy? Is he like 20 something? and she's...I dunno..9? because that's disturbing. Very.

Then again, if it doesn't have any disgusting moments I guess it would be ok?

One person over on MAL states the first 6 chapters have been very light hearted and innocent, and the guy "isn't interested in her that way". I would say either he's oblivious, but just treats it as the innocent crush that it is. (Oblivious would seem to make for more comedy).

FYI, the girl is 11.

I don't see why this should be branded as disturbing sight unseen when is certainly isn't unknown for young girls in real life to get crushes on guys that are far too old for them.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
oh everyone, don't get your panties in a twist prematurely. It's a 4-panel comic adaptation. It'll probably be as comparable to Kodomo no Jikan as Kill Me Baby is to Gunslinger Girl.

and it could end up being same length of episode as Recorder to Randoseru.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

I don't see why this should be branded as disturbing sight unseen when is certainly isn't unknown for young girls in real life to get crushes on guys that are far too old for them.

True, but it's not like she just has a crush, she apparently acts on it in some fashion, though precisely what way and just how seriously she pursues the crush is unclear right now. Regardless, her actions have the potential to make the series go to some disturbing places. The fact that this is pretty much the premise of Kodomo no Jikan shows that.

But I think Spastic Minnow's Gunslinger Girl/Kill Me Baby analogy may turn out to be accurate.
Rensie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
The fact that this is pretty much the premise of Kodomo no Jikan shows that.

Please don't put this weak comedic 4 panel manga at the same level as Kojikan and Gunslinger Girl. kojikan and Gungirl are true masterpieces in the seinen genre.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Yet another safe bet for the Japanese art studio's. No shortage of lolicon's in Japan yet. Same concept, same messages, same stories; it's just wierd that all the lolicon's in Japan pay for the same show time after time after time. You would think that they would at least get tired of the same story / premiss over and over again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rensie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
You would think that they would at least get tired of the same story / premiss over and over again.

Have you read this yonkoma to claim that is copycat story? Just wondering.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
lol, knee jerk reactions

shukero wrote:
You would think that they would at least get tired of the same story / premiss over and over again.

*looks at shukero's avatar* .. and this is different from Naruto--or literally everything under the sun--how?

Anyways, preview a few pages:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/481245963X/
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
lol, knee jerk reactions

shukero wrote:

*looks at shukero's avatar* .. and this is different from Naruto--or literally everything under the sun--how?

How is this not different from Naruto? Naruto has different story arcs with different characters / character types through those different arcs. Also I think you didn't understand the meaning of my sentence; which is how can someone spend money on the same thing over and over and over again, but not come to grow tired of it.

One example is eating your favorite food for a year; after which you can not eat it for a long time afterwards. To me, it seems these people are buying loli-con anime/manga that have the same premiss and story, but (I would at least hope) expect a different experience each time. Isn't that the definition of insanity? which is "Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome."

And just so I'm clear, I'm not calling loli fans insane; just the people who buy these same series over and over again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
roroy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
configspace wrote:
lol, knee jerk reactions

shukero wrote:

How is this not different from Naruto? Naruto has different story arcs with different characters / character types through those different arcs. Also I think you didn't understand the meaning of my sentence; which is how can someone spend money on the same thing over and over and over again, but not come to grow tired of it.

One example is eating your favorite food for a year; after which you can not eat it for a long time afterwards. To me, it seems these people are buying loli-con anime/manga that have the same premiss and story, but (I would at least hope) expect a different experience each time. Isn't that the definition of insanity? which is "Repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome."

And just so I'm clear, I'm not calling loli fans insane; just the people who buy these same series over and over again.

stop posting narutard
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
roroy wrote:

stop posting narutard

I don't understand why all naruto fans are called this made up word, since most of us just enjoy the show. (that and the word was made up a decade ago -- still not funny) As for a reply to your "E-penis" remark; I'll just say it's obvious that you are new to the forums and social online forums as a whole from your post status, and your remark; so I just won't start an arguement.

Just as an FYI though, I personally feel that there is an unspoken truth/rule that people almost always reply when there is something legitimate to take about; not just for "bashing" other users. I hope you can learn that from these forums, as they are by far the best I've seen for both anime & any other hobby based forums.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1