• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek to Release Love Com/Lovely Complex Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh wowzer, that's from 2007 isn't it? I remember wanting to try it once or twice and then remembering there wasn't a legal stream for it and thinking I'd look at it another time. Hope Discotek either got the streaming rights as well and it'll show up on Hulu or that Netflix gets the DVDs.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I haven't been interested in the Discotek licenses too much, and then they went and did THIS, and I'm so happy!! I can get rid of my fansubs for this!

Love*Com is one of the best rom-com's out there. I love the chemistry between the leads.

Thank you Discotek!!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes, YEs, YES!!!
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeeeeeeeeees. Finally, someone licenses this great and funny anime. When can I preorder?
bllanosr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
YAY! Finally someone licensed this overlooked anime. I can't wait for it to come out! Now if only some would pick up Bokura ga Ita.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I no longer have any excuses not to pick up a Discotek release. Not that I was actively trying to avoid them, but I just never seemed to get around to it. This I have to own. Nice pickup Discotek!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Before the inevitable bitching about dubbing, people should take note that a lot of the humor comes from the characters being Osakan and more or less an impromptu Manzai Act. You could try to dub that over, but the false equivalence of using southern accents just doesn't work, and not giving it some kind quirk would also not capture the vocal humor. So it's a catch 22 regardless of how you approach it.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Even at its more frustrating points, I always had fun watching this one. Let's hope Discotek's sweet moves make them enough money to justify themselves.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Guess now I can quit giving myself excuses of putting off this series and leaving it to rot on my computer. Laughing

Guess I should be keeping close tabs on Discotek releases now considering they've been on a bit of a roll lately to get my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Lovely Complex and Harlock in one day, on top of all of the Lupin and Samurai Pizza Cats goodness? Geez, Discotek, why are you being so freaking awesome all of a sudden? ;D I kid, I kid, this company has always been reliable (their Lupin releases are fantastic, including their DVD of the old live-action film), and they just keep getting better and better. Nice to see the anime industry rise once again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks alot! I watched this awhile ago and enjoyed it. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow this was one of my first subbed anime series, back when I first joined Crunchyroll for the first time. I will be picking this up.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for a license announcement for this show for 5 years, I damn near wrote into answerfans as this being one of those overlooked shows and low and behold a license announcement. This just made my day.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I feel like I'm being suffocated by the intense thankfulness I'm having for Discotek right now. Having more well-made shoujo romances in America is a good thing in my book!
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I finished reading the manga last year, but I've heard lots and lots of good things about the anime, so I want to check that out too. Anime smile I will be buying this~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3