• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai FIlmworks Licenses Mahoromatic: I'm Home Anime Special

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... That is not how you spell Clannad After Story Blu-ray in July... Use your spell check man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Happy for this. While the Tadaima Okaeri specials don't really do anything amazing, I enjoyed my little nostalgic trip back to those characters.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Nothing Im interested in getting, but Im always glad to see when Sentai gives Bang Zoom some work. Glad they have this relationship going on.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Nice Job Sentai , this is a cool little License and i'll be picking this up for sure! Now i have to debate weather to continue my aim of picking up the Artbox for the original series since this wont fit in it.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Sentai pick this up. I enjoyed Mahoromatic much more than I expected to. I even loved the ending, though I may be the only person that did. I will definitely be grabbing this.

I have to give them major kudos for getting Bang Zoom to do yet another dub for them. It's also a bit sad that Sentai has basically become Bang Zoom's biggest customer in the anime biz.
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I will buy this, not because it's good (it's not) but only because I already own all the rest of the anime, and I get OCD over completeness.
V1046-R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Cool, will be interested in buying this. Mahoromatic was one of my favorite shows. I could never quite place my finger why this one stood out above so many other shows to me, but I guess I felt some attachment to the characters and how the story goes from light to very dark. I am one to get suckered in to loving the characters through the comedy, only to feel the sorrow of their tragedy even deeper during the climactic ending. Still have mixed feelings about the dark & somewhat surreal final epsisode, as it is so bittersweet.

LOL, now that I think of it, my logon handle here is reference to Mahoro. Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
THIS WILL NOT FIT IN MY ART BOX!

God dammit. I'm gonna have to buy a two sided case and have it share with the Summer Special.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
THIS WILL NOT FIT IN MY ART BOX!

I'm so glad someone else had the same reaction I did Anime hyper

It's a definite sale. I can't bear to think of this not on my shelf.
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.
Now if they can get Hare+Guu Final and have BangZoom dub it, I would be very happy.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I'd about given up on this being licensed.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
The possibility of more Bridget Hoffman in anime? How much and when? She's the only reason I purchased the Haruhi-chan DVDs and she was great in Disappearance.

Art box? Oh right, the ones I have are the Sentai 2009 rereleases which surprised me since I don't recall hearing that Sentai license rescued it in the first place. And now, about three years later, Sentai licences some more OVAs originally released in 2009.

I'm sensing a pattern here.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I'm glad to see Sentai pick this up. I enjoyed Mahoromatic much more than I expected to. I even loved the ending, though I may be the only person that did. I will definitely be grabbing this.

You weren't the only one, but we're definitely in the minority.

Quote:
I have to give them major kudos for getting Bang Zoom to do yet another dub for them.

Having anyone else dub it would have been unnatural, though, given that Bang Zoom! did the dubs for the original two series. And given that it's been nearly eight years since the last franchise content was released, we're lucky that nearly all of the principal cast is still active in dubbing; the only one who hasn't done anything recently is Melissa Charles (aka Tina Dixon), the original voice of Chizuko, and she was replaced by Rebecca Forstadt for the Summer Special anyway.

Anyway, I don't know that I ever got around to seeing the second episode of this, so the new release will give me a good excuse. This was, for several years, one of my most frequently-marathoned franchises, so I'll definitely be picking it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Bridget Hoffman!!!!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't even know there was more specials. Other than the dirty mag one. That was the summer special.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2