• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Kids on the Slope, Mysterious Girlfriend X

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I hope Mysterious Girlfriend X gets dub and Blu-ray!

I also hope that Sentai gets Hyouka.. STAY AWAY NISA! -_-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Please let Kids on the Slope get a Blu Ray PLEASE!!!!!!

Glad that these are now confirmed to be Home Video. Wasn't Mentrioned during the Panel. They only said Simulcasts. But i was pretty confident anyway that they were Home Video too.
sainta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope they'll still call Kuma "Teddie". For some reason I liked more the English name.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking Forward to Kids On The Slope since I first saw the PV afew week ago, glad it got picked up for a domestic relase, good on yea Sentai! Mysterious Girlfriend X sounds pretty good as well.

And of course happy to hear that the Persona 4 anime will have the same voice cast as the game. Smile
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
"31 days after they stream on Crunchyroll. " >.< damn. because TAN's player works a lot more often than CRs does for me.

I'm not too happy that Sentai got this instead of Funimation since Funimation has getter prices..but as usual I'm sure righstuf and amazon will have them at more realistic prices than what Sentai advertises anyway. Still better than Aniplex of America. Wouldn't have minded NIS but they seem focused on romance
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
I hope they'll still call Kuma "Teddie". For some reason I liked more the English name.

Chances are if they went through the trouble of retaining the cast they will also be following the lead on how the game was translated keeping things the same like calling him Teddie instead of Kuma.

I was confident when they licensed the show they would likely get the cast back but no one else seemed to be and my confidence was even further backed up when they started doing alot of work with Bang Zoom!(Whom I assume will be doing the dub for Sentai even though they didn't do the game they have access to all the same actors and sentai has gone to them quite a few times now)

Either way I'm quite excited to see the Persona 4 anime I've done a good job of not reading into it at all with the exception of what was going on with the dub.

I'm also happy they decided to pick up Kids on the Slope it was something I was interested in but didn't want to watch simulcast for some reason. Hopefully they will be releasing it on Blu-ray with a dub as well.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
A real yin and yang announcement.

I was wondering if Sentai was going to grab anything; looks like they've gotten another one I'm interested in for this season. (Last season they turned out to have scored a win with me by getting Bodacious Space Pirates)

I'm not surprised that Kids on the Slope was picked up for home video this fast. You just have to look at the staff credits to notice how the advertising writes itself. If the words Cowboy Bebop don't appear in any promotional capacity relating to this series, I will eat my hat. And that's no small thing, my hat is expensive.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
That was fast!

Now I just hope that both series are paced well enough for their episode counts.
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
i'm not gonna lie, really disappointed Sentai picked these up, i kinda thought they might get Apollon anyway but i really was hoping they wouldn't get MGX, it was the first manga i ever read so i have a soft spot for it and was hoping Funi would get it since Sentai only really dub the biggest titles they get, and without a dub the chances of a release here goes down to practically zero given the small market size, and given that MGX is far from the biggest title this season i very much doubt they will dub it, which means it probably won't get a release here either
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Then Persona 4 will be one of my fastest purchases ever as a fan. Good to know that one of the greatest game adaptions will be completely complete.

Now... I wonder about the 26th episode...
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a bunch of series from this Spring have already been licensed.

Hopefully someone gets Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Original Persona 4 dub cast? Can I go ahead and pre-order now? Please?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
StormSky92 wrote:
Wow, a bunch of series from this Spring have already been licensed.

Hopefully someone gets Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

Glad to see I'm not the only one hoping for this. I'm hoping for Sentai to nab it, as it's nice to try titles out on TV before picking them. I can't really do that with most other titles as DirecTV only carries the Anime Network. I'm not really a big fan of streaming on my laptop.

Also, Sentai said they had several shows that are being simulcast, and these were just a few. They will probably be announcing more as the weeks go by. Not to mention, TAN usually gets at least one or two exclusives each season and they haven't announced any for them yet.

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keyl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
i'm not gonna lie, really disappointed Sentai picked these up, i kinda thought they might get Apollon anyway but i really was hoping they wouldn't get MGX, it was the first manga i ever read so i have a soft spot for it and was hoping Funi would get it since Sentai only really dub the biggest titles they get, and without a dub the chances of a release here goes down to practically zero given the small market size, and given that MGX is far from the biggest title this season i very much doubt they will dub it, which means it probably won't get a release here either

Funi's have really begun bad this year They've been picking up mediocre fanservice shows while Sentai picked up the top tiers for winter and for spring.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I'm interested in Mysterious Girlfriend X anime since I'm still reading the manga version.

Good going, Sentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4