• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
That is a shockingly boring intro willag. I expected more from you. I am disappoint.

I keep the exciting and sexy stuff for the people who pay to see it. Wink Everyone else gets a watered-down version of willag. The subscribers have gotta have some sort of bonus.

And aren't you bitches lucky? I just paid for the yearly subscription. The past few months have only been monthly, but I finally jumped the gun and went yearly. You've got at least another 11.5 months of me. Twisted Evil

Blood- wrote:
Whaddaya mean? For 90 per cent of ANN male posters she had us at "female".

What sort of pathetic male otaku are you guys to have an interest in 3D women? Is this a consequence of natural selection? The natural course of evolution? Are we coming full circle?

Or are all of you just a bunch of horn dogs?

Surrender Artist wrote:
Remarkably, except for Chrono Crusade, I very much wish to read, but have not yet read any of those. Have you read A Bride's Story?

Yes, I'm currently collecting it. I love Kaoru Mori's art style - it was the reason I initially got into Emma. And I'm definitely loving her A Bride's Story. It's not in my favorites yet though because it's unfinished. I try to leave that for finished series that I've completed.

Have you read Chrono Crusade or are you saying you're just not interested in it? I have it as #1 on my list because it is #1 (similar to Princess Tutu in the anime section). I can't recommend it enough, though I recognize that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Surrender Artist wrote:
Well, I guess that I have to ask... Do you have a favorite era or style? (I seem to love the hard bop and modal jazz of the fifties and sixties, not that I have real a grasp on all of that)

I like listening to jazz, and I took a history/appreciation course of it in college, but I'm not really familiar with the styles. I just like listening to it whenever it pops up. It puts me into such a feel-good mood. I've gone to a few clubs on certain nights just to listen to local jazz bands.

Surrender Artist wrote:
Wow; all that I've ever memorized is Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky". Although I did have two stanza's of "The Conqueror Worm" at one point.

It started as a bet with a friend as to who could memorize the most digits in pi before the end of the school year. I won. And I've still retained the knowledge of most of them 10 years later.

One of my friends memorized all of Poe's The Raven and recited it in class. Now that's impressive.

Surrender Artist wrote:
Did you want her to declare that she has descended from the Heavens with a choir of angels, both magnificent and terrible, to proclaim her dominion on Earth?

I don't declare anything. It's just inherently known.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Really? 90%? That's an exaggeration.

... Maybe I want to become a Mystery Star. First, I have to check my wallet.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Really? 90%? That's an exaggeration.

The only reason I didn't say 100% is you have to assume at least 10% of any given general male population is gay, amirite?

Quote:
What sort of pathetic male otaku are you guys to have an interest in 3D women? Is this a consequence of natural selection? The natural course of evolution? Are we coming full circle?

Or are all of you just a bunch of horn dogs?

See, you "get" us.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Oops, I read: 'Whaddaya mean? For 90 per cent of ANN posters she had us at:' instead of 'Whaddaya mean? For 90 per cent of ANN male posters she had us at:'

Embarassed
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, again going with the general accepted figures, she only had 10 per cent of ANN female posters at that point. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Hey, welcome willag. Always good to see a new member around.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I keep the exciting and sexy stuff for the people who pay to see it. Wink Everyone else gets a watered-down version of willag. The subscribers have gotta have some sort of bonus.

Indeed. If you're a subscriber, you know that willag has a beard.

willag wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Whaddaya mean? For 90 per cent of ANN male posters she had us at "female".

Awww, I just can't seem to do anything right.

willag wrote:
Have you read Chrono Crusade or are you saying you're just not interested in it? I have it as #1 on my list because it is #1 (similar to Princess Tutu in the anime section). I can't recommend it enough, though I recognize that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I am the unknowable and ineffable!

Err, no, I just wrote awkwardly. I have not read Chrono Crusade. I have seen the anime, which I thought was mediocre with a strong finale and I know your feelings on the subject. I'm open to the idea of reading the manga, but for some reason it hasn't hooked my attention. It looks like it has a features that I'm drawn to, like a its roaring twenties setting and a competent female lead, but it hasn't burrowed into my brain. Maybe when I have a chance to go deeper into manga.

willag wrote:
One of my friends memorized all of Poe's The Raven and recited it in class. Now that's impressive.

You want impressive? You should hear Christopher Walken read it electric guitar riffs between stanzas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums Willag! If you're lucky, we may run into each other in the subscriber forums. IF YOU'RE LUCKY.

I think I'm due to re-introduce myself at some point soon. It's been a couple years. Another time though as I was out drinking tonight and spent about 3 minutes fixing spelling mistakes in this post Wink
toaster_4hire

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Um, okay! I'll give it a try ^^;

Name: Toaster! Very Happy

Sex: Female

Blood Type: I have no idea whatsoever

Marital Status: Married

Ethnicity: Chickasaw and English

Religion: None (Atheist)

Pets: Does my husband count?

Drink/Smoke: Gave up drinking while I'm finishing some classes, otherwise I don't drink liquor (I'm just too little to properly metabolize it) and love love love beer!

Likes: History, cats, BL/yaoi, manga, writing, fantasy/wizards, video games, D&D, books and bookstores, macaroni and cheese

Dislikes: math, children/babies, oranges, worrying about the future

Favorite anime: Mirage of Blaze, Gundam Wing, Princess Mononoke, Azumanga Daioh, Kyo Kara Maoh, Full Metal Panic, Hetalia

Favorite Manga: too many to list...! Okay, um, Challengers/Tyrant Falls in Love, Oh My Goddess!, Ludwig II, Here is Greenwood, Red River, Please Save My Earth, Banana Fish, Silver Diamond...

Favorite Books: Melusine/The Virtu, The Fire's Stone, Havemercy, Gone with the Wind, ASOIAF (Storm of Swords is my favorite), the Psycop series, and The Last Unicorn

Favorite game: Earthbound (others I like: Ocarina of Time, Katamari Damacy, Professor Layton, Pikmin, Harvest Moon, Portal, Age of Empires, Lords of the Realm II, Army of Two)

Favorite TV shows/Movies:
Movies: Harold & Maude, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Maurice, All the Queen's Men, In & Out, Fight Club, The Last Unicorn, The Brave Little Toaster
TV Shows: Venture Brothers, Archer, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, BBC's Planet Earth

Favorite Drink: Hoegaarden White Ale (year 'round) or Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale (seasonal)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Jasmine Green Tea

Favorite Foods: Curry and Pho

Favorite Sites: ANN, pixiv, Goodreads, GrooveShark, reddit

Favorite Sport (to watch): Olympic Gymnastics and Figure Skating

Favorite Sport (to play): I played softball for 11 years, but you wouldn't know it to look at me

Favorite Music: I'm kind of all over the place... I don't listen to the radio, never have, so I tend to just wander into music at random. Right now I'm loving Basia Bulat and Tony Sly. My classic fav is The Beatles.

Job: Bookseller

Hobbies: reading, writing, D&D, video games... yup.

Fun facts about Toaster:

- My favorite word is "biscuit"
- I have a metal plate in my arm
- I don't wear pants or shorts, only skirts and dresses
- I once bottle-fed a baby tiger. It was very cute.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a mountain climber. I think I imagined it was exactly like the Atari game. Also I grew up in Oklahoma, where there are no mountains, and thought that the big hills on the southern stretch of I-35 were mountains
- I later changed my career ambition to be a toaster

Favorite Quote:

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it is not okay, it is not the end."

Optional Photography:
For Your Consideration, a Contemporary Image
Also for Your Enjoyment, an Amusing Cosplay Selection
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
toaster_4hire wrote:
I once bottle-fed a baby tiger. It was very cute.

Same here!!!!! Anime hyper Wasn't it like the greatest thing EVER?!?!?!?!

I was so happy... I got to pet his ears and his paws and he had a pink nose!!! He was a white tiger... and then the trainer told me that, once the bottle was empty the tiger wouldn't be so cute... so I put him down. Anime cry

Welcome to the forums!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
@ Toster 4 hire

Ah, ha. You are the one getting the new volumes before they hit the shelves.
toaster_4hire

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
@Bento-Box

it was so amazing! I got to hold him and cuddle him and everything. I have no idea why someone had a baby tiger, I was probably only 10--11 at the time, but I'm a cat freak so it was pretty much the best thing ever.

@Alan45

teehee. Not so much at my current store, we don't carry a manga section, but at my high school/college job... yup. I'd be the one in charge of stocking the cart, and quite often certain volumes never made it to the shelf... muah. At my current store I just selectively order everything I want ^^;;
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Well it's been almost 2 years since my last introduction, I think I'm due for an update.

Name: Tyler

Sex: Male

Blood Type: The kind mosquitoes like

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Religion: Non-believing Heathen

Pets: Dog and a Cat

Drink/Smoke: All the time/Never

Likes: Sports, TV, going to the bar, and everything Kate Beckinsale ever does. Oh yeah, I like anime too.

Dislikes: The cast of Jersey Shore and everyone who emulates them, fake people, everything associated with hipsterdom.

Favorite anime: Bakemonogatari(I have a blank check ready for any company who releases this. Yes even awful Aniplex), Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kimi ni Todoke, Bleach, AnoHana, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, FMA: Brotherhood, GTO, and Spice and Wolf I & II

Favorite manga: Kimi ni Todoke, Love Hina (the only 2 I've ever read)

Favorite Books: Harry Potter Series, To Kill a Mockingbird, Sherlock Holmes collection, LOTR + The Hobbit,

Favorite games: All versions of Mario Kart. the original Goldeneye, and Madden games

Favorite TV shows/Movies: TV-South Park, Dexter, Family Guy, The League, Burn Notice, Parks and Recreation. Movies: Good Will Hunting, Shawshank Redemption, Inception, The Dark Knight, The Avengers, The LOTR trilogy, and the Underworld trilogy(not counting the prequel)

Favorite Drink: Jameson and Ginger

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Chocolate milk, Milk, OJ, Tea, Water, Lemonade, Coffee

Favorite Foods: Nachos, Tacos, Pizza, Steak, Salad, and Pierogis

Favorite Sites: Chrome tells me they're Yahoo(email), ANN, theChive, Facebook, ESPN, CBSSports, Crunchyroll, and Google. I believe it.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, Basketball, Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer(Can only tolerate watching it on World Cup level but it is fun to play)

Favorite Music: A few different genres(hip hop, R&B, rock, pop, classic rock). I absolutely love Journey and Bon Jovi.

Job: Full-time student. Part-time grocery store worker. Graduating in 19 days.

Hobbies: Watching anime, watching sports, going to the bar and playing pool and darts, getting p*ssed off when the computer gets too uppity in a game of Madden.

Fun Facts
-I can turn both my feet around backwards
-I once won local, city, and county free throw shooting competitions
-I have dark blonde/brown hair but my beard comes in light blonde and gets a little red in it when I let it grow out.
- At weekly bar trivia, my knowledge of sports and boy band and pop songs is unparalleled. If you ever meet one of my friends I'm sure they'll tell you about the time I identified "Crush" by Mandy Moore.
- I'm either a complete goofball or a hopeless romantic. I have shown up at a girl's house with flowers and a letter Wink

Pictures:
Here I am as The Hamburglar 2 years ago at Halloween - I couldn't see anything because I couldn't wear my glasses with the mask.
Me and a friend's dog

Last edited by Nosferatu21 on Wed May 23, 2012 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
toaster_4hire wrote:
Pets: Does my husband count?

Aww, shnaps! We have an S on the boards! Razz

Nosferatu21 wrote:
I have shown up at a girl's house with flowers and a letter

You aren't purposely leaving out the restraining order that followed that, are ya? Twisted Evil
kaydub

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
Nosferatu... are you my long lost brother or something? We both live in Ohio, both love Kate Beckinsale, both have a potentially unhealthy love for Bakemonogatari, both enjoy The Hobbit enough to mention it with the rest of the trilogy, both graduate in two and a half weeks, and can both turn our feet around backwards. And if you want to count it, sometimes people think my name is Tyler if I don't say it clearly (it's Kyle).

I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or creeped out by this similarity...

Out of curiosity, what's your major?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 149 of 233