• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Nosferatu21 wrote:
I have shown up at a girl's house with flowers and a letter

You aren't purposely leaving out the restraining order that followed that, are ya? Twisted Evil

No no no, only living people can get restraining orders Wink She rejected my thoughtful gesture, I rejected her pleas to live Twisted Evil

kaydub wrote:
Nosferatu... are you my long lost brother or something? We both live in Ohio, both love Kate Beckinsale, both have a potentially unhealthy love for Bakemonogatari, both enjoy The Hobbit enough to mention it with the rest of the trilogy, both graduate in two and a half weeks, and can both turn our feet around backwards. And if you want to count it, sometimes people think my name is Tyler if I don't say it clearly (it's Kyle).

I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or creeped out by this similarity...

Out of curiosity, what's your major?

I'm majoring in Economics. Weird similarities but I'm awesome so you are too by default Cool I've also had people think my name is Kyle when I mumble out Tyler. Oh, and be amazed not creeped out. How could a love of Kate Beckinsale and Bakemonogatari be anything but amazing?
toaster_4hire

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
toaster_4hire wrote:
Pets: Does my husband count?

Aww, shnaps! We have an S on the boards! Razz

???

I -- I don't understand?! My husband is a writer in graduate school, and rather helplessly adorable, whereas I work full-time and do things like cook and drop him off/pick him up from school, so sometimes he does feel like a puppy or something ^^;; Especially when I come from work and he's been stuck at home all day and wants to go for a walk...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
S, as in S&M, as in Sadomasochist. Dominatrix works, too. It's because you called your husband your pet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I keep the exciting and sexy stuff for the people who pay to see it. Wink

Your Paypal address right now.
Very Happy

Dang, someone's been to all 50 states. I'm over half, but I've a feeling Alaska's going to be a bitch for me to get to. Call it a hunch.

As for the rest of that stuff, I'm curious to know why the hell you want to visit Facebook, let alone my mother's facebook page.

Geek.
Razz
egoist

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
There are 3 states I can't go to because I'd go straight to jail. No just kidding. That applies to my homeland thought.

Either way, welcome Nosfetus21. Razz
archaron

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Why, what happened egoist?
egoist

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm considered a deserter.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
It's been a few years since I introduced myself and a lot of things have changed in my life, so I thought I'd say "hello" again. Smile I've also added pics at the bottom. If something didn't change, I just omitted, aside from my name. Laughing

Name: Jennifer (usually go by Jenn or Jade)

Total Anime Watched: 265 (up from 120 in 2009)

Hobbies: Drawing, video editing, Graphic Design, playing piano, cooking, Diablo III, Tera.

TV Show I Love To Hate and Hate That I Love: Game of Thrones

Interesting Stuff About Me:

- I got married in October 2011 to my best friend! Smile
- In May 2012, I was accepted as an Exhibiting Artist at the local art association. (It's kinda a big deal.)
- I write and illustrate my own graphic novel.
- My whole life, I've just wanted to be the funny girl. Recently, my husband told me I'm the ditzy girl. Embarassed (I don't wanna be that!!!!)
- My husband I did Power 90, the entry level to P90X. I lost 50 lbs in 2 months and kept it off. He lost 70 and kept it off. I'm about to start P90X. All pics below are after Power 90. I would never post the before pics. Anime cry

And pics:

Wedding1 - http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Bentostudios/313170_10100646687894122_636675764_n.jpg
Wedding 2 - http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Bentostudios/296684_10100646683842242_5108777_59556816_802628269_n.jpg
At Halloween Horror Nights - http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Bentostudios/2011-09-30_13-23-48_173.jpg?t=1337965360
Selling my Art - http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab64/Bentostudios/NFLComicShowBooth.jpg?t=1337965244
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
Great pix, Bento-Box! You're a cutie and that last pic shows you've got a pretty decent set, too. Wink Congrats to both you and your hubby on your weight loss. I lost a little over 30 pounds myself starting in July 2010 because I joined a gym, got a trainer and started eating properly. Sadly, I've eased off on the gym and eating properly, so Mr. Gut is starting to make a return (he never entirely disappeared, but was definitely much smaller ... I went from a 46-and-a-half inch waist down to 40 inch. Anyway, I'm trying to nip that in the bud by going to the gym more and eating better. Oh, and I had no idea you were an emerging artiste!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Uh, thanks Blood-... Smile

Good to hear that you've been losing weight also. It's kinda tough to keep it off, but I do the 10 Minute Trainer by Beach Body a few times a week and it's helped a lot.

Thanks for the congrats also. The wedding was nice. We had a Halloween/cherry blossom themed reception. I had a bouquet with some fake cherry blossoms (the real ones were too darn expensive), and all the decorations were carved pumpkins, autumn leaves, and cherry blossoms. We scattered candy on all the tables and then devoured it. I mean, 3 months of a really tough workout and strict diet... and then we were surrounded by chocolate? Yeah. Totally pigged out. We used the following music in our ceremony, I'm sure someone here will appreciate it. Laughing
Bridal Party: Sakura Kiss (strings arrangement) from Ouran
Bridal March: Hontou no Ichiban (from Card Captor Sakura)
Music we left to: Final Fantasy Prologue. Smile

While everyone was coming in and talking, sitting down and stuff, we had tons of karaoke anime and classical video game music playing. No one even realized what it was aside from Tayler's groomsman and my friend Anthony. LOL Although, my bridesmaids knew something was up when I had this smirk across my face. My family hates anime and video games, so... I felt like I was completely trolling them. Although, my Aunt did recognize the Legend of Zelda theme... Anime smile They all complimented on the music selection, assuming I had chosen my favorite classical pieces (I play classical piano). Later in the evening, at the reception, we had some more nerdy music played, such as this little diddy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

The day after, my husband arranged a horse and carriage ride around the historic district of our town. Anime hyper I love horsies!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Bento-Box wrote:

While everyone was coming in and talking, sitting down and stuff, we had tons of karaoke anime and classical video game music playing.

You've given me hope. At my wedding, if I ever get a girlfriend or even plan to marry, I will be playing screamo, post-hardcore, metal, and related genres. Or maybe not, I'd probably scare my guests away. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Cool use of music Bento-Box, that is definely one way to show your love of the genre.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Bento-Box wrote:

While everyone was coming in and talking, sitting down and stuff, we had tons of karaoke anime and classical video game music playing.

You've given me hope. At my wedding, if I ever get a girlfriend or even plan to marry, I will be playing screamo, post-hardcore, metal, and related genres. Or maybe not, I'd probably scare my guests away. Smile

Yeah, you might scare them... But - it's your wedding! Do what you want! Anime hyper If they don't like it, tough stuff. They're getting food, drink, and entertainment for free - they can deal with the music.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Cool use of music Bento-Box, that is definely one way to show your love of the genre.

Thanks! Took us weeks to whittle the list down. And, of course, my husband was like "really? The Ouran theme?" He hates the show but loves the violin arrangement so it worked out. And CCS has a very special meaning to us, so walking down the aisle to (essentially) the love song from the 3rd season was perfect. I've always called him my Shaoran and he's always thought of me as his Sakura. Smile It was the first anime I ever watched and he introduced me to it. *SQUEEEEE!!!!!!* Just thinking about it makes my heart pound!!!! I could barely say my vows. Anime cry But I didn't cry~! I held it together! (Somehow...)
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Name: Charles "Super Sonic" Ziese

Likes: hope, SLAUGHTERING stereotypes of autistics (check here on my official Google site for more info on that https://sites.google.com/site/charlessupersonicziese/about-me), shoujo anime, cute things (go on, a man that likes cute things, shocking isn't it?), video games (depends on genre), writing my own stories with some anime influence, world domination funny evil genius style!!!

Dislikes: The mere CONCEPT that I have no meaning (in English, don't bring up Doomsday, the annihilation of Earth or humans ceasing even as a joke, I WILL take it personally as my childhood was one "BELITTLEMENT" after another), sour skittles, arrogant folk, children crying, prejudiced jokes, predictable jokes, easy final bosses in video games.

Favorite Anime: Key The Metal Idol, Cardcaptor Sakura (or was it Saku-RA!?), Lost Universe, Rozen Maiden, Gatchaman (70s), Amuri In Star Ocean (imported it and LOVED IT!), Ranma 1/2, Gosick.

Neat bits of me:
My username is actually a mythological pun, as in Egypt, the god Set which is spelled Seto in Japanese Wink, had a birthday of 12/29, my own birthday as well!

I am a world class gamer according to Twin Galaxies (see King of Kong if you don't know what I mean) and have Asperger's Syndrome, these were tied together as revenge against people who discriminate.

I import Cardcaptor Sakura video games. I used to LOVE Clamp, but now I have a ranking for them of 3.5/10 because some of their stories hit me in a very dark, morbid fashion that affected me in the real world at a poorly timed moment.

I can read Katakana, most Hiragana and a little Kanji and am trying an anime remix license project eventually.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Set1229 wrote:
Name: Charles "Super Sonic" Ziese

Hey!

Hey"

Macho macho macho mannn!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 150 of 233