• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Summer Wars' Hosoda Makes Novelist Debut with Wolf Children

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:29 am Reply with quote
This actually sounds really interesting I hope there is a way to get an English release for this.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote
Typo: I have a movie poster for this that I got from the Shibuya theater, and the movie opens July 21, not the 22nd.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, this is awesome. I'd love to be able to read this someday. If the book is a success, and he enjoys writing (like novel-wise) enough, it'd be cool if he went back and re-did Summer Wars in novel form.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zensunni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
I so hope that this gets an English translated release. I am fairly certain the movie will, as his movies have been quite popular. Perhaps a limited edition box set with book and movie? I'd pay for that!
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this! Ever since seeing the trailer I've been interested in it.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I would NOT be surprised that an announcement on US licensing and release could happen at Anime Expo exactly one month from now.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
the movie will most likely get English release, you guys don't need to be worry.
The book will probably not.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Blackwolf0925 wrote:
This actually sounds really interesting I hope there is a way to get an English release for this.

Same here.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Heheh...assemble fan and doujin artists! Show the internet what you have to offer with these characters and premise!

Regarding the premise....her husband just died, and judging by appearance, she isn't exactly wealthy herself. Is it a really good idea for a single mother, with two incredibly young children, to leave the city and run off to some rural part of the country? I know that countrysides always look far better than cities, but that doesn't seem like a really rational decision to me. Or am I missing something?
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
Regarding the premise....her husband just died, and judging by appearance, she isn't exactly wealthy herself. Is it a really good idea for a single mother, with two incredibly young children, to leave the city and run off to some rural part of the country? I know that countrysides always look far better than cities, but that doesn't seem like a really rational decision to me. Or am I missing something?
I'm pretty sure she moves to the country so that her half-wolf children can transform and run and howl without worry that their secret will be discovered.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
The book will probably not.

Did the article mention the name of the Japanese publisher? If they're one of the many companies related to Viz, then that would be one possible route of US release. Yen Press deals with (light) novels, too.

I wouldn't rule out an English translation, but who knows what's going to happen at the moment? ^^;
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1