• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Pirate Warriors E3 Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
WAIT. at the end? Is that real? Will that Really be a pyshical relase?

Don't screw with me dammit! IS THAT REAL?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Looks to be a physical release in Europe at least. Still not sure about North America.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh nice, its getting a retail release. I guess Sony is starting to get more lax on that rule where you have to have a dub to be a retail release. Agarest War 2 is also releasing sub only as a retail game.

Megiddo wrote:
Looks to be a physical release in Europe at least. Still not sure about North America.

Well, you can import since PS3 isn't region locked, so even if it isn't I'll just do that.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for this to get licensed but...lack of an English track kills my desire for it. Not to say that the original voices are bad - they're great, I just prefer the English ones.

And..Luffy sounds REALLY off in that trailer somehow, like his VA is bored. She usually does a great job as Luffy too...

I have yet to finish Dynasty 7 anyway, so guess Ill stick with that.
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Namco Bandai Europe have confirmed on their forum that it is getting a disc release over here.

NB Games Rep wrote:
right now in Europe this game has been announced for retail - so a disk release.
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what happened with FUNimation.

There name was on the initial trailer they put out back in April, but now it's gone and it's being released sub-only ;\

I'm fine with it being subbed-only, but it would've been nice to hear all the cast up through the end of first half of the story. I'm guessing this was probably one of the reasons -- too much work to do before the wanted release date of November. They would've had to cast so many people, so it wouldn't just be a simple "grab the people and dub" like they do with every single DBZ game.
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
I wonder what happened with FUNimation.

There name was on the initial trailer they put out back in April, but now it's gone and it's being released sub-only ;\

Funimation's logo does still appear in the trailer, but only in the actual US trailer. The one embedded in the news article is from Namco Bandai Europe's YouTube account. Hence the PEGI rating and retail package shown at the end. This trailer: http://youtu.be/0EJxTxyO4w0 is the actual US one and shows Funi's logo at the end along with the rest.

And even if it was being dubbed, it wouldn't be dubbed at Funimation's studios. It would have been done at Okratron 5000, like the last One Piece game and all the DBZ games.
Zopyros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
I cannot wait for it to be released in EU! I don't care for dubs, I hate English voices, So subs is great. Man, looks like I'll have to book some time off work for this Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote
This game may have too much violence for some anime fans. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1