• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Long 'Giant God Warrior' Teaser by Evangelion's Anno & Ghibli Aired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
OK, it's basically frikkin EVA. Let's get that live action movie going!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
_V_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Ghibli and ADV are fighting over the rights now because Gainax, being Gainax, decided they wanted more money out of the contract for live-action Eva than they had initially signed on for. A single, major film studio (they didn't say who) has actually expressed interest in making it (which is what prompted Gainax to sue for more money).

Actually, a young Hideaki Anno animated the "God Warrior" sequence from Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind. The movie was so big they had an open call in newspaper ads for animators, and he showed up with his portfolio, and Miyazaki liked his work and signed him on.

I've always seen the "God Warriors" -- giant bio-mechanical humanoid weapons capable of destroying the word -- as a thematic precursor to the Evangelion units.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
Oh, hello. Are you a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion? Smile

Thank you for the background info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1