• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamisama Kiss Shōjo TV Anime's Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
oh boy the shojo levels even from the given name are high.... I mean high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
Hmm, reminds me somewhat of Inu x Boku SS a bit with a more badass main male protagonist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
yes....this is...PERFECT!

now all I can do is hope and pray that this does well in japan....PLEASE JAPANESE GIRLS PLEASE BUY THIS!
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote
Oh hey more Inuyash-- oh.

I still need to read this manga. lol
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
girls like fox/dog boys too much.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
oh boy the shojo levels even from the given name are high.... I mean high.

believe me, it isn't all that shoujo-ish.....well not fluff thrown at your face kind of shoujo.....
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:01 am Reply with quote
The original Japanese name is also "Kamisama Hajimemashita" not Kamisama Kiss. Viz just called the manga that for the English release.
Lota

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote
Can't really blame people for thinking it's very shoujo-ish... The pink bubbles and sparkles don't really help, and nor does the very girly melody. But it's not all that fluffy. PEOPLE, IT LOOKS LIKE IT, IT SOUNDS LIKE IT, BUT IT'S NOOOOOOOT.

I just hope this isn't how the whole anime will look like, because Julietta Suzuki's manga is very unique, with a very likeable and capable MC, and the PV makes her look... meh. It looks rather generic. I just hopes it only looks like it. Anyway, really looking forward to this!

Autumn 2012 — the shoujo renaissance! Anime hyperD
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Are you just trolling, are are you really that unaware of how many anime have animal eared girls in shows aimed at guys? Rolling Eyes
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote
Lota wrote:

its not really a laughing matter. you better hope this shoujo renaissance is successful. :/ or the only shoujo we'll ever get again is otome anime.....

no but seriously...I hope this does well. Its been so long since good shoujo have been animated.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Are you just trolling, are are you really that unaware of how many anime have animal eared girls in shows aimed at guys? Rolling Eyes

Ikr? Anime hyper
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
Wow, the designs look so much like Suzuki's manga drawings! That's really neat; shoujo manga character designs so often get huge overhauls to reduce the picky little details when they're adapted to anime.

I'm excited about this and hope it gets streamed over here! I love Akitaro Daichi and Julietta Suzuki!
Lota

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Lota wrote:

its not really a laughing matter. you better hope this shoujo renaissance is successful. :/ or the only shoujo we'll ever get again is otome anime.....

no but seriously...I hope this does well. Its been so long since good shoujo have been animated.

Well, yeah, if we look at this seriously, this is a rather huge risk the anime studios are taking this autumn: 3 shoujos! If people don't watch and/or buy, I guess we won't be seeing another shoujo adapted for a looooong time.

But, if this little experiment is successful, we will be seeing more. Is it worth the risk? Hell yeah! Sukitte Ii Na Yo, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Kamisama Hajimemashita — all 3 are lovely choices for adaptation. While I'm not too fond of the first one, the other two I really love. And I guess that people will come to love the MC's and shoujo in general — it's not always mushy and full of cliches (if you want that, you can find some each and every season).

Besides, I know many who loved Kare Kano, Glass Mask, Kimi ni Todoke, Skip Beat, Lovely Complex and others. Let's just hope that these 3 new anime bring the genre to life once again! Smile
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Well this actually looks very nice!I was afraid that they will operate on small budget but I was wrong.
I guess autumn may be a big indicator for future of shojo anime.We will see if female audiences prefer this or something like that Amnesia anime that was announced.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
I reallly hope Sentai takes a chance and licenses this and/or the two shojo anime. The art isn't too bad but I would have liked to hear their voices.

Spotlesseden wrote:

Troll post or not; fox guys are awesome! Very Happy
Just look at Tomoe's ears; so fluffy~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2