• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Anime's Designs Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chao8971

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
It is good to see that the weird poses seem intact. Also the designs looks pretty nice. At this point though I can't judge them to much till I see them in motion.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I only have cursory knowledge of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but I'm looking forward to seeing this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, they certainly are beefy. That's a little novel in this day and age.

I don't know much about JoJo's Bizarre adventure, even though I've listened to the folks at Anime World Order talk extensively about it and read Jason Thompson's column about it. Somehow, it won't stick with me. I feel as though I should be more interested than I am. Ah well, we'll see what comes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
oblivious247

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Well, they certainly are beefy. That's a little novel in this day and age.

You should see how big they are in the manga lol. Araki's style changed a lot over the course of the series, and in the first part everyone was freaking huge.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Digging the character designs, can't wait to see Zeppeli, Speedwagon, and Erina.

Also waiting for another PV, really wanna now more about the animation. I just can't wait, this is what I am looking forward to this fall!!
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I love character designs ,although same can not be said for the Jojo OVAs that I saw.I felt that the story was very generic and the characters did not leave any impression on me ,despite wearing weird clothing.I remember reading Jason Thompson's review and being completely surprised by it.He mentions how dialogue is realistic and original,while I remember it being very cliched.He says how battles are fought by wisdom not strength,while the finale includes a gigantic deus ex machina.I don't know I need to re watch the show,cause at time of seeing this show I thought that Yoshiaki Kawajiri is the single biggest threat to anime,and that Shinichiro Watanabe only knows how to ripoff other peoples work.
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
I love character designs ,although same can not be said for the Jojo OVAs that I saw.I felt that the story was very generic and the characters did not leave any impression on me ,despite wearing weird clothing.I remember reading Jason Thompson's review and being completely surprised by it.He mentions how dialogue is realistic and original,while I remember it being very cliched.He says how battles are fought by wisdom not strength,while the finale includes a gigantic deus ex machina.
I found the anime to be fairly underwhelming in comparison to the manga. The finale was okay (yeah, it is a deux ex machina even in the manga), but the only episode that was pretty good from that 90s OVA series was the Satoshi Kon episode. The manga is much better in every category.

I haven't seen the 2000s OVA, though.

These character and color designs look all right, but I'm more worried about how they're going to look once they're animated. There have been plenty of shows with great designs that end up being wasted once the anime staff tries to animate them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
I love character designs ,although same can not be said for the Jojo OVAs that I saw.I felt that the story was very generic and the characters did not leave any impression on me ,despite wearing weird clothing.I remember reading Jason Thompson's review and being completely surprised by it.He mentions how dialogue is realistic and original,while I remember it being very cliched.He says how battles are fought by wisdom not strength,while the finale includes a gigantic deus ex machina.
I found the anime to be fairly underwhelming in comparison to the manga. The finale was okay (yeah, it is a deux ex machina even in the manga), but the only episode that was pretty good from that 90s OVA series was the Satoshi Kon episode. The manga is much better in every category.

I haven't seen the 2000s OVA, though.

These character and color designs look all right, but I'm more worried about how they're going to look once they're animated. There have been plenty of shows with great designs that end up being wasted once the anime staff tries to animate them.

That's true, drawing an illustration and designs are one thing but animation is an other.
KoroshiyaHunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
ZA WARUDO
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:47 am Reply with quote
So, what did happen to that movie?
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
So, what did happen to that movie?

Araki, banned to the very depths of hell so no mortal eye would ever see the existence of such film.

All because Speedwagon was forgotten and the storyline was rushed.
Oraculo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Takehito Koyasu will play Dio

'Nuff said. Anime hyper
DTJB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote
Sweet stuff, now do Zeppeli.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1