• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Palgrave to Release "Cinema Anime"

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like an intersting work. I'll be looking forward to reading it. The essay on Satoshi Kon intrigues me the most.

Not sure I like the cover though...
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
The listing for the book at Palgrave's US website gives a price of $39.95 and a publication date of April 2006 (Amazon lists it as April 3). Unlike the UK site, though, it doesn't list the chapter contents. I know that some of the chapter titles have changed and that a couple of the chapters listed on the website will not be in the finished product.

As far as I know, this is a hardcover-only project. Don't ask me why.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, I've heard Napier's paper on Satoshi Kon before (or a lecture similar to it, anyway). And there's also a paper about Tamala 2010!!! Yay! And anything having to do with Haraway's Cyborg Manifesto must be good. I guess this'll tie me over until Mechademia comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1