• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: "Say 'I love you'" Shōjo Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this! And it's nice hearing from the late Ritsuko Okazaki Smile
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
that made me feel warm all over. <3 this is why I like shoujo manga to be animated. there's just something in shoujo manga that an otome anime doesn't have....imo.
lijachan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
i'm rereading the manga as we speak. i just don't remember what i've read, and i don't think i got far in the first chapter. what was i sniffing on? i usually read shoujo mangas as though they're 4 meals of my day. LMAO (come to think of it, i haven't been reading any much lately...but oh well)

glad to see MORE AND MORE shoujo mangas/otome games being made into anime. Harukanaru pretty much opened the possibility of otome games being made into anime, but... haaa~ there aren't much cutesy love-story in them unlike in shoujo mangas. > 3<
next, they need to animate more josei titles Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am Reply with quote
Lija-chan wrote:
i'm rereading the manga as we speak. i just don't remember what i've read, and i don't think i got far in the first chapter. what was i sniffing on? i usually read shoujo mangas as though they're 4 meals of my day. LMAO (come to think of it, i haven't been reading any much lately...but oh well)

glad to see MORE AND MORE shoujo mangas/otome games being made into anime. Harukanaru pretty much opened the possibility of otome games being made into anime, but... haaa~ there aren't much cutesy love-story in them unlike in shoujo mangas. > 3<
next, they need to animate more josei titles Very Happy

true true! I want Meiji Hiiro Kitan next! <3 its so cute! its a josei but the female lead is a child but the story is said in such a josei-ish way.

but we really REALLY have to hope and pray that these adaptations are successful in japan.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 am Reply with quote
Ugggh I can't believe how good the rearranged "Friendship" sounds. Gunna weep! ;~;
lijachan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
but we really REALLY have to hope and pray that these adaptations are successful in japan.

definitely crossing my fingers for that. if that happens, we'll get more and more shoujo/josei mangas, and otomege's adapted into anime form ; u;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Lija-chan wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

definitely crossing my fingers for that. if that happens, we'll get more and more shoujo/josei mangas, and otomege's adapted into anime form ; u;

normally those manga don't adapt to anime. They are for drama or live action movie, i hope it's successful. I think it needs to thanks Kimi ni Todoke
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
How very nice. This goes on my "must watch" list along with Kamisama Kiss (which is my most anticipated show of the fall season).

I just keep seeing trailer after trailer after trailer of really good looking stuff. Fall is looking to be the opposite of Summer, thankfully.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Having been reading the manga, and definitely looking forward to this series.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with the manga, but I really like the girl's look. I'll give this a shot even though the whole school romance thing has been done to death x infinity.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Cheeeeeeesy.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Haven't we seen the same story before?

Sounds like an unoriginal story. Can't we get something fresh and original for once?
icetea00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote
Just another "popular guy" x "unpopular girl" high school shoujo manga. I think I'll pass. This type of story is not for me. I do hope there will be more female-oriented anime, but no high school shoujo (or cutesy childish ones), please. Almost all of them are boring and cliched. As an adult woman, I just can't identify with them. I am a manga reader, but I usually avoid most shoujo. BTW, those that get animated are usually bad shoujo examples, with only a few exceptions.
lijachan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Lija-chan wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

normally those manga don't adapt to anime. They are for drama or live action movie, i hope it's successful. I think it needs to thanks Kimi ni Todoke
usually, but most of being adapted into live-action aren't as great as when it's done into an anime, or doesn't live up to the manga at all, even.
remember NANA? that was a dramatic shoujo adapted well into an anime. the live-action were pretty good, but the impact of the anime, to me, was a lot greater. (still one of my fave dramatic shoujo animes; though with that amount of drama, i actually call it josei lol)
Gatherum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
This, along with From the New World and possibly Robotics;Notes, are the three series to try this coming season, methinks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1