• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ufotable Makes Magical Girl Anime Film Majocco Classical

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
The premise will be about not having their souls eaten.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
Site has been updated with a trailer (crap quality though), I guess it's the same one they showed at the Machi Asobi.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
Witches on brooms with Halloween themes? Sign me up, I loved the design and general art theme from Tweeny Witches and Soul Eater, more is always welcomed.
dominus41

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
A teaser is already available : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwZ52DEATxQ
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
This looks exciting. New ufotable is always a very good thing Very Happy
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Probably the most refreshingly-simple idea regarding magical girls I've seen. Not that I didn't like Madoka Magica, but I'm getting sick of the idea of an anime that especially encourages discussions about classifying a genre. "How is this a magical girl show? Is the target demographic for little girls or otaku? Is it a deconstruction?" I don't particularly care to talk about those kind of things with a story of any genre, good or bad. I mean, this is the problem with fans of mecha that while the genre as a whole interests me, I get turned off a bit when whole discussions are about what kind of robot show it is.

But anyway, this movie seems it could be accessible. I really hope it's good and at some point, someone could license it.
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Ufotable here to save the genre after Madoka shit all over it.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:

As tired as I am of hearing how Madoka desconstucts the genre, what makes you say it s***** all over it?
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:

Madoka was one of the best and most refreshing takes on the genre in years. I'm all for getting back to roots though.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I will watch this just because ufotable, magical girls interest me very little though. Madoka was good, but I wasn't all fanboy for it.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I will watch this just because ufotable, magical girls interest me very little though. Madoka was good, but I wasn't all fanboy for it.

Madoka is a typical example of a magical girl show now.
Hell, the only more traditional example you could go for is Nanoha.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Probably the most refreshingly-simple idea regarding magical girls I've seen. Not that I didn't like Madoka Magica, but I'm getting sick of the idea of an anime that especially encourages discussions about classifying a genre. "How is this a magical girl show? Is the target demographic for little girls or otaku? Is it a deconstruction?" I don't particularly care to talk about those kind of things with a story of any genre, good or bad. I mean, this is the problem with fans of mecha that while the genre as a whole interests me, I get turned off a bit when whole discussions are about what kind of robot show it is.

But anyway, this movie seems it could be accessible. I really hope it's good and at some point, someone could license it.

Japan's been making this stuff every year for decades. Annual Precure, Annual Jewelpet, Annual Pretty Rhythm, various stand-alone series. There's no shortage of magical girl shows for kids at all. Madoka is hardly any kind of standard or monopoly. People who say otherwise make me believe that Madoka was the only magical girl series they've seen since they watched Sailor Moon as a kid and think it was some kind of 'revival' of a 'dead genre'
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Japan's been making this stuff every year for decades. Annual Precure, Annual Jewelpet, Annual Pretty Rhythm, various stand-alone series. There's no shortage of magical girl shows for kids at all.

I could care less about who something is targetted at. Stop talking to me about those things as if I honestly care.

Quote:
Madoka is hardly any kind of standard or monopoly. People who say otherwise make me believe that Madoka was the only magical girl series they've seen since they watched Sailor Moon as a kid and think it was some kind of 'revival' of a 'dead genre'

I never said it was a standard or monopoly. And stop assuming people that say anything only watched one certain thing. In fact, stop being so quick to make assumptions about people in general and soapboxing about them.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:

Yes, how DARE a show make you THINK! The horror!
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
@ Chagen46:

*facepalm* What is wrong with everyone today? Did I not say I like the show? I'm just tired of the genre deconstruction talk, it's not what I look for out of a show. And I don't look at shows to shut my brain off either. Let's make something clear, before you or ANYONE ELSE decide to impulsively reply back to me and misassume what kind of person I am, look at previous posts I made in past whenever I'm in the forum. Honestly...!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2