• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Little Busters Producer: Anime to Cover Everything, Even Though 26 Episodes Is Not Enough

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 am Reply with quote
So... pretty much guaranteeing another season, yeah?
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
Great. So how can I watch it legally?
Niyari

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:

that would make the most sense
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:

yeah they would have to or pull a gainax ending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
Looks like Little Busters: Refrain is pretty much a guarantee now. At the current pace I felt there was no way they'd be able to fit it all, anyway. 3 episodes per character route would have put it far over 26.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:

Pretty much. Or a long movie I suppose, but if there's really so much plot they want to cover then it sounds like they need the time that another TV season can give them.
Skullface

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
I am just soooooo happy about this!!!!!
I thought there was gonna be routes cut out since it just wasn't adding up since Little Busters has soooo many routes in it and its already gonna be till like ep 6-7 when they finish Komaris route... but all I can say is spoiler[bring on refrain!!!!!!! and those other routes I haven't read but really want to see]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
that comment about "doing the route of the girl you love", is he talking about one specific character or all of them?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Great. So how can I watch it legally?

That's the real question though I think it's a bit worrisome for a producer to come out and say "Yeah, after half a year, this show may be over but the story won't be." Yeah, it hasn't really started yet but prepare for disappointment!

A third cour or more? Wouldn't have been discussed as such {and it's not as if a glut of episodes helped Clannad any}? I'm thinking more along the lines of OAV episodes or, this is of course highly unlikely....

So very unlikely....

I mean, really, just thinking about it is a waste of time....

The most popular storyline becomes the movie.

See how stupid that was? I mean seriously, it'd be at least two movies, two girls, two further chances for, slurp, otaku marketing...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
I really doubt it would be a movie. Rin2/Refrain and Saya (who was hinted at in the trailers) would take up 11-13 episodes right there.
Skullface

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that comment about "doing the route of the girl you love", is he talking about one specific character or all of them?

I thought at first he might have meant spoiler[Saya's route]. But seeing how he says it will cover everything I think he just meant every girl's route shall be covered.
opn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
Well now im relived. I was worried they’d shove refrain at the end in 3 episodes but it looks like that (thankfully) won’t be the case. And I also think they will try to cover sayas route after they do refrain given his comment about the girl people want covered (or he could mean rin 2).
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
FWIW, I prefer it when the anime adaptation of a VN takes some creative license and picks one path, perhaps pulling in elements from others when it makes sense. Rumbling Hearts did this by choosing spoiler[the Mitsuki path], and did it very well, though they couldn't leave well enough alone and went back for an alternate-path sequel (which I guess remains un-licensed?)

Trying to show everything may be a fan-pleaser, but it's a distraction or worse to the casual viewer. Case in point: Clannad and Clannad After Story, which run through the Kyou and Tomoyo arcs as one-shot alternate-universe episodes, and cram all the minor character arcs (Mei, Misae, Yukine) into the first half of After Story, which means that series suddenly goes from its weakest episodes to its strongest, once the focus returns to Tomoya and Nagisa. I still have a standing suggestion to Clannad skeptics (hi, JO!) to just skip all of the first series and the first half of the second, instead just watching episodes 9-22 of After Story. Obviously, you miss a lot of setup, but you get 90% of the good stuff this way, and skip 100% of the bad (another option: just watch Osamu Dezaki's Clannad movie, which lacks the humor and the crisp KyoAni animation, but the ultra-condensation cuts the bloated story to its absolute essentials).

Edit: Guess what I'm saying is, if Little Busters really feels the need for a second season or some other kind of offshoots (OVAs?) to work through all its permutations, maybe I'll pass

Last edited by invalidname on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
The thing is though…LB isn’t like most VN’s. All of the heroine routes add a piece to the overall plot of the VN and playing ALL the routes is required to get to the stuff that happens in refrain.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
The thing is though…LB isn’t like most VN’s. All of the heroine routes add a piece to the overall plot of the VN and playing ALL the routes is required to get to the stuff that happens in refrain.

But would it be possible to base the anime around one route, presumably for the most popular or most interesting heroine, and then add in just those "piece[s] of the overall plot" as scenes seen from other characters' POVs? Or are these routes mutually exclusive?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3