• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion: 3.0 Film's Runtime Listed at 106 Minutes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guillo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Almost 2 years compressed into 116 minutes. That's Anno for you guys. I seriously hope this one'll be good. Mad
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Considering I've seen movies with shorts in TOHO theater before, I'm going to assume that it does not include the time the short will take to run. It should just be the movie itself. However, it is possible that Anno included the short as part of the movie itself (to be released with the BD/DVD, etc.), so we can't discount that possibility.

But yeah. I've had shorter movies FEEL like they were longer because they were just so good and had a lot of content. I hope this one is like that. I heard somewhere, though, that they planned for the final movie to come out not too long afterward. We'll have to see if those rumors are true or not...
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Guillo wrote:
Almost 2 years compressed into 116 minutes. That's Anno for you guys. I seriously hope this one'll be good. Mad

Well, Eva 1.0 is 100 minutes, and Eva 2.0 is 112 minutes. With Eva 3.0 being 106 minutes, this makes 5 hours 18 minutes. Eva 4.0 surely should be around 100-110 as well.

Over all that would be about 7 hours total. 26 episodes of the TV series was about 10-11 hours in all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness. Last thing I would want is like what happened with Disappearance where it was 30 minutes way too long. EoE was only 87 minutes long after all. Anno knows quite well how to make every minute count.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Thank goodness. Last thing I would want is like what happened with Disappearance where it was 30 minutes way too long. EoE was only 87 minutes long after all. Anno knows quite well how to make every minute count.

I'm curious what you'd cut out of Shoushitsu.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Nearly every scene where it is just Kyon walking/moping. I'd also cut short him trying to get outside-Yuki's help since that never went anywhere.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Nearly every scene where it is just Kyon walking/moping. I'd also cut short him trying to get outside-Yuki's help since that never went anywhere.

Yeah, some of those segments were overly drawn out and didn't add to "zomg teh kiyon is le sad and ronrery". We got that emotion built up enough already, the rest of were tedious and unnecessary minutes of him asking every single minor cast member where Haruhi was. In fact, that segment lasted at least 15 minutes. It was a poorly paced film, and no more atmosphere and sympathy/empathy were added from shots that needed editing. And if not just outright cutting things out, pace some scenes quicker.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1