• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show Holiday Gift Guide

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I bought a Menchi doll but it didn't come with a charcoal grill! Crying or Very sad
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
WARNING: if you consume more than one, your heart will literally explode out of your chest-- which sounds awesome!

That's disgusting. =/
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
The Lupin sideburns reminds me of how easy he is to cosplay. Kind of shame you never see Lupin, but I guess that's to do with it never striking a chord in North America.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
To be the ultimate in fetish figurines (much like the actual Catteleya) the figurine needs to have noticeable muscle tone and yet have some fat on the stomach.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, ummm, I kinda want those Lupin sideburns. To turn into Go Nagaidburns. I'd put them on my cat.

It could be worse than 30 copies of Judge. It could be 30 copies of Eiken, or 30 copies of Garzery's Wing.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
the figurine needs to have noticeable muscle tone and yet have some fat on the stomach.

A most agreeable set of attributes. Such features are both conducive to pulchritude and indicative of sound health.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...guaranteed to provide you with maximum satisfaction whenever you're in the mood to take yours down from the mantlepiece and pose dramatically, in your living room at 2 o'clock in the morning, periodically letting out a Bruce Lee-esque “woooooo-ha!” as you admire your silhouette in the darkened windows.

...HE KNOWS. *slowly closes the blinds*
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I mean, seriously, have you heard of it?

Yes, I have seen it. I liked the set up for the supernatural court, shame it's just a one-shot anime, it seems like there's a massive variety of stories that could be told. Could have been demons meet Law and Order.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Getting the Spice & Wolf hand puppets would've been a lot more amusing, I think.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I actually almost bought that sailor moon belt recently. Embarassed
victor viper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
It is fairly hilarious that it's still easy to find those Menchi grills almost a decade after they came out. I would love to have watched the meeting at ADV where the numbers on that one were discussed.

"How many Menchi grills should we make?"

"I don't know. 10,000 seems like a nice round number. Surely everyone who buys the DVD will want one."

"Make it so!".
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Good for ya guys!

I'd probably spend holidays buying more gifts for people than for myself again! Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that Maile Flanagan in the Naruto Snuggie? Sure looks like her.

Is that Misa puppet supposed to look like a tiny blowup doll? Anime dazed

Not only do I know what Judge is, but I've rented it twice. Once to watch and once to show.

Nobody buys me anime gifts, I have to get those on my own. I've got a lot of stuff and probably the things people think are strange I think are cool like my Kame House coin bank or my Robot Carnival trading cards.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46 pm Reply with quote
This thread does not have nearly as much appreciation as it needs to for the fact that Mike bought 30 copies of Judge on DVD just so he could take that one picture and write that one paragraph. That's a whole lot of people gonna be wondering what the heck is up with that evil cockatoo before they realize that IT WAS AMERICA ALL ALONG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Weirdest merch? Well, it's not anime, but I've got the Ghaleon Punching Puppet that came with Lunar: Eternal Blue on the PS1. He used to get into fights with my brother's punching nun. She usually won on account of having looser controls. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2