• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Trigger's 1st Inferno Cop Short Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote
Well, that certainly was something
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quote
Perhaps they released this before Christmas in the hopes that folks would watch it with a forgiving and charitable spirit.

It is dreadful. It is barely animation. It is obviously made on the cheap and the anime equivalent of the most low-budget and unfunny Adult Swim programming out there. I expect better from pretty much anyone at all, let alone the talent attached to this thing.

I'll try to look forward to Trigger's first "real" project.
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
This was so incredible, I absolutely loved it. I can't wait for more.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
Perhaps they released this before Christmas in the hopes that folks would watch it with a forgiving and charitable spirit.

It is dreadful. It is barely animation. It is obviously made on the cheap and the anime equivalent of the most low-budget and unfunny Adult Swim programming out there. I expect better from pretty much anyone at all, let alone the talent attached to this thing.

I'll try to look forward to Trigger's first "real" project.

They're a new studio and were not given a huge budget for anything. It was obvious (at least, to me) from the beginning that it was just going to be a set of shorts with questionable animation similar to "flash" animation. The talent behind it isn't large, anyway. Just the same director as a few well-reputed series.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

They're a new studio and were not given a huge budget for anything. It was obvious (at least, to me) from the beginning that it was just going to be a set of shorts with questionable animation similar to "flash" animation. The talent behind it isn't large, anyway. Just the same director as a few well-reputed series.

Thats kinda sugar coating it. There was no reason to not expect it to be the animation quality of one of those 3 minute short types of shows.. you know, where its an actual anime. Not like cut out pictures with no movement.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
They've got to be joking.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
Ghost Rider?
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
Well, that was...not what I was expecting, anyway.
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Ghost Rider?

Inferno Cop should be dubbed by Nicolas Cage.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
Was this some anti-humor Tim & Eric shit? I hope it's all just a joke making fun of that trash and not a serious effort.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

Thats kinda sugar coating it. There was no reason to not expect it to be the animation quality of one of those 3 minute short types of shows.. you know, where its an actual anime. Not like cut out pictures with no movement.

To be more specific, it was announced as a part of the AnimeBancho lineup and that has always had cheaply-produced shorts with flash or 3D animation. Trigger said it was planning on delving into that kind of business and started recruiting animators this past Fall before they announced this series (they might still be recruiting). As an individual studio that isn't yet big-name, you can't really expect anything too big. A lot of animation studios start out like this, regardless of who is involved.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
I hope they get around to truly animating this series and how about some skin Surprised
Tenchi Kaze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what you all watched, but that was gorgeous. The best Christmas present. Inferno Cop for president.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Clearly, even without translation, this is meant to just be a very silly excursion. Inferno Cop's design is a little too close to Ghost Rider's, but the episode was still funny in a ridiculous way, and the ending was pure Imaishi (mileage may vary, of course).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Inferno Cop is such a bad ass, I love it. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2