• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Problem Children Novels' Weekly Sales Quadruple After Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Yet its still bombing in the home video sales. I guess it can show that you can still be successful even if you sell little to nothing dvd/bd wise.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
it's a bit early to say it bombed in terms of home video, but obviously there has been increased sales somewhere for this series. and that might do enough for the series to continue on.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
How can it already be bombing in BD sales? Episode 3 aired last week!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
How can it already be bombing in BD sales? Episode 3 aired last week!

These are the current preorder rankings for this season:

#52 - Encouragement of the Climb (I don't expect this one to stay so high, it just got solicited today)
#68 - Love Live
#139 - Vividred Operation
#165 - Tamako Market
#175 - GJ-Bu
#201 - OreShura
#227 - Kotoura-San
#240 - Maoyu
#263 - Minami Ke 4
#276 - Hetalia
#280 - Haganai NEXT
#316 - The Unlimited
#323 - My Little Sister is an Osaka Mama
#553 - AKB0048 Next Stage
#606 - Hakkenden
#609 - Puchimas
#670 - Senran Kagura
#982 - Problem Children
#1119 - Sasami-San
#1123 - Da Capo 3
#1260 - Tantei Cuticle Inaba
#1797 - Senyuu
#1924 - Amnesia

Pretty much everything is bombing this season and Problem Children is still near the bottom. Its projected at only 1,250 sales.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
wow didn't expect Sasami-san to be that low. Im enjoying most shows quite a bit this season too. Hopefully sales will pick up
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Pretty much everything is bombing this season and Problem Children is still near the bottom. Its projected at only 1,250 sales.

Only if by "everything is bombing" you mean "nothing projected to sell 20k+ units.

Please try to avoid unnecessary hyperbole when discussing projected sales.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure anything will even sell 10k unless Vividred can get back on track after the lame last episode.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm not sure anything will even sell 10k unless Vividred can get back on track after the lame last episode.

You see! This! Stop doing this!

You can't make long-term predictions based on the variability of preorders after each episode! Cut it out, and stop acting like you know what you are talking about on this subject.
angelaria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad the novel sales are doing so well! I'm loving the anime so far, and hopefully, even with just increased novel sales, a second season can be made~ ^___^
prabb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

You see! This! Stop doing this!

You can't make long-term predictions based on the variability of preorders after each episode! Cut it out, and stop acting like you know what you are talking about on this subject.

Yeah but you see the pre-order thread on /a/ said...
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
it's far to early to project how everything will sell right now. I highly doubt that everything this season will bomb, there is still a lot of time before stuff is released.
also problem childern is #6 of all the shows airing this season that is not bad that is excellent

also I question the top 5 that this list has
#1123 - Da Capo 3
#1797 - Senyuu
#1924 - Amnesia

Amnesia is the best selling show of the season, I can not believe that even if it is the otame game show for the season, and Senyuu is number 2 get real that is unheard of, an ugly 3 minute short series the second best seller of the season let alone getting anywhere near 1000 copies sold let alone anywhere near 2,000.Next is tantei cuticle inaba unless this is a huge hit with 5-12 year olds who are all spending all their money on this show then there is no way that show is getting so many sales finally is da capo which might perform well but is not going to perform in the top 5 I am pretty sure.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey, I think you're trolling, because I find it hard to believe that you didn't realise that the numbers on the left-hand side are rankings, and therefore know that Problem Children's projected sales are the sixth-worst this season. I believe other posters in the thread even mentioned how lowly-ranked it was, so for you genuinely not to know it meant you didn't read the thread either.

Last edited by dtm42 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

#1123 - Da Capo 3
#1797 - Senyuu
#1924 - Amnesia

Amnesia is the best selling show of the season, I can not believe that even if it is the otame game show for the season, and Senyuu is number 2 get real that is unheard of, an ugly 3 minute short series the second best seller of the season let alone getting anywhere near 1000 copies sold let alone anywhere near 2,000.Next is tantei cuticle inaba unless this is a huge hit with 5-12 year olds who are all spending all their money on this show then there is no way that show is getting so many sales finally is da capo which might perform well but is not going to perform in the top 5 I am pretty sure.

Uhhh...those are the bottom five not the top five.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

#1123 - Da Capo 3
#1797 - Senyuu
#1924 - Amnesia

Uhhh...those are the bottom five not the top five.

Ok that makes a lot more sense, if that is ranking not projected unit sales.....especially when people say stuff like everything is bombing this season and all those numbers are bellow 2000

can you blame me though when the top 5 is
#52 - Encouragement of the Climb (I don't expect this one to stay so high, it just got solicited today)
#68 - Love Live
#139 - Vividred Operation
#165 - Tamako Market
#175 - GJ-Bu
#201 - OreShura
#227 - Kotoura-San
I am shocked love live is popular same with kotoura oreshura and gj-bu. I assumed tamako was getting a lot of blacklash since I heard alot of people saw it as trolling fans.

One thing though I heard GJ-Bu was horrible so why is it in the top 5
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
You'd be surprised the top 5 is composed of cute girl stuff? Plus Love Live is an idol anime, idol anime are a hot property right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5