• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tezuka Cultural Award Winners

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enjin2000

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:06 am Reply with quote
I think he is Azuma, not Aduma.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
I've confirmed that Azuma and Aduma are the same person, but which is it, Azuma or Aduma.

The website for the Media Arts Festival calls him Aduma.

For now I've merged the two people in Azuma in the encyclopedia, but which name should we use? I'm leaning towards Azuma myself.

-t
Swissman

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Hello,

This is my very first posting in ANN and I'm glad I can help tempest with some useful information:

The author's name is definitely Azuma Hideo. His name is written in english with a "z" for example on the cover of a reedition of his manga Azumania by Hayakawa Shobo.

Azuma Hideo is rather well known in Japan among manga fans for his bizarre science fiction stories of the late seventies and early eighties and he's considered to be a pioneer of rorikon manga. He's also the creator behind the Nanako S.O.S. manga which became a tv anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Really not suprising that it won, since the Media Arts Awards are a good indicator to the Tezuka nods and occasionally the wins. I'm really eager to read this now, though I doubt it'll ever be licenced...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1