• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 3.33 BD/DVD to Add Ghibli's 'Giant God Warrior' Short

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rarirurero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
I am betrayed!
Will be leaving Japan the week before this gets released :/
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
My Neighbor Tokoro's Third Impact

Pretty good deal to go along You Can (Not) Reimburse
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
A shame these releases haven't had English subtitles; I'd totally buy the Japanese release of 3.33. More importantly, we have a release date, excellent.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Well now, I'm guessing the possibility of us getting this little short bonus on our DVD release is next to nil.

I would have been happier not knowing this.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
That's much earlier than I expected. I guess there won't be a lot of new or re-done footage this time around, which is good news because Khara must be hard at work on the fourth and last movie right now. Hopefully Funimation will release 3.33 in the US a year from now.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Be nice if we got a simultaneous release. Been looking forward to seeing this for awhile now. Too much time waiting.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, I'm defiantly per-ordering this~ Its good that they only waited like 6 months instead of a year like they did with 2.22

If funimation gets their act together, they can release this for the holiday season
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Sweet, I'm defiantly per-ordering this~ Its good that they only waited like 6 months instead of a year like they did with 2.22

If funimation gets their act together, they can release this for the holiday season

Yeah, I like that the wait period is more closely resembling Hollywood now. As for FUNi getting it out Christmas 2013? Fat chance, they've probably gotta wait 14 months just to keep all those reverse import fears allayed.
xeroth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
"The first copies of each will also bundle an original soundtrack CD with Hikaru Utada's theme song "Sakura Nagashi."

Surely the OST won't be exclusive to the BD/DVD release?
I'll be pretty annoyed if it is... (Or will have to buy it Razz)
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
xeroth wrote:
"The first copies of each will also bundle an original soundtrack CD with Hikaru Utada's theme song "Sakura Nagashi."

Surely the OST won't be exclusive to the BD/DVD release?
I'll be pretty annoyed if it is... (Or will have to buy it Razz)
Both the OST and the theme song single are already available separately.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

This what I'm thinking. I'm willing to bet FUNimatione is working on a dub or will soon be doing so and we're talking like September or October for the dub release!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
When's Funi putting it out?
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Be nice if we got a simultaneous release. Been looking forward to seeing this for awhile now. Too much time waiting.

Hahahhaha, no.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
This what I'm thinking. I'm willing to bet FUNimatione is working on a dub or will soon be doing so and we're talking like September or October for the dub release!

No! Why do you people willfully ignore that the Japanese producers view reverse importation as a legitimate threat even if it may be undeserving of that fear? Whether it's widespread or not, there's no way they're going to let a 100k seller be simultaneously or closely released in the same region for less money.
xScar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
LagannImpact wrote:

No! Why do you people willfully ignore that the Japanese producers view reverse importation as a legitimate threat even if it may be undeserving of that fear? Whether it's widespread or not, there's no way they're going to let a 100k seller be simultaneously or closely released in the same region for less money.

Sadly, it's not undeserving in the least.

All you have to do is go to Amazon.co.jp and look for any anime series that has been released in the US... you'll see that release come up from importers.

Let's take Black Lagoon for example. FUNi put this out on BD a few months ago, and here's its listing on Amazon.co.jp for 3,900 yen. For the Japanese release, which was released on singles with three episodes a piece, you can get the first volume for 5,729 yen. Pretty easy choice, especially when it's the first result that pops up when you search for "ブラック・ラグーン" in Movies & TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2