• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai, GT Removed from Nicktoons Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
please put it without censore in Toonami, all the big shonen titles together in the same channel: with Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater or One Piece
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
So? They've both been shown several times, haven't they? Shows get dropped and then show up again later all the time on channels like Nicktoons. This means nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I would give a f*** but i don't have cable t.v.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
So? They've both been shown several times, haven't they? Shows get dropped and then show up again later all the time on channels like Nicktoons. This means nothing.
Tell that to the junky nicktoons show avatar the last airbender show has the dumbest story yet they have re played it like what 20 times Rolling Eyes here's hopeing kai will go to cartoonnetwork or Neon Alley
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Tell that to the junky nicktoons show avatar the last airbender show has the dumbest story yet they have re played it like what 20 times Rolling Eyes here's hopeing kai will go to cartoonnetwork or Neon Alley

What do you have against ATLA?
daichi383

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Whatever you say man. I guess you're not a fan of good storytelling then. The reason it gets replayed a lot is probably because it's more popular than DBZ Kai for them. It's as simple as that Rolling Eyes
Mee Deggi The Punisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I think we have a blasphemer in our midst.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOO! MY censored version! ...j/k

...I never watched it on there anyway. xD
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
At least it's still on Vortexx.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Once the nostalgia factor dies out, all those people nagging "that it should be back on TV" stop watching it---so yeah it makes sense that it got cancelled
R. Glover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Once the nostalgia factor dies out, all those people nagging "that it should be back on TV" stop watching it---so yeah it makes sense that it got cancelled

Yeah, until Krillin's Japanese voice actor, Mayumi Tanaka, announced it'd continue OUTSIDE of Japan with the Great Saiyaman/Majin Buu arc, but we all don't know when.
AgitoZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Like penguintruth mentioned, shows go on and off the schedule all the time on Nicktoons (which by the way does not constitute cancellation, since it hasn't even been in production).

As for all the "nostalgia factor[ed]" people, the biggest watchers were kids watching it for the 1st time and they gave them very good ratings. So they aren't getting off schedule because of low ratings.

If anything, I think they're gonna keep it off for a while till the Boo arc is closer to airing and then have a big promotion of all the episodes coming back on.
GarnetStyle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

Its pretty bad fake anime TBH.

DBZ being gone is for the best. It was terribly edited and still using the old edited Funi GT dub Sad It didn't deserve being edited like that.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

IDK the story sux a hero who runs for most of the show and wines haf the show and it has lots of holes in it the only thing ill say about it is it looks ok smart to rip anime off that's for sure but the story is all over Rolling Eyes
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
AgitoZ wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

Like penguintruth mentioned, shows go on and off the schedule all the time on Nicktoons (which by the way does not constitute cancellation, since it hasn't even been in production).

As for all the "nostalgia factor[ed]" people, the biggest watchers were kids watching it for the 1st time and they gave them very good ratings. So they aren't getting off schedule because of low ratings.

If anything, I think they're gonna keep it off for a while till the Boo arc is closer to airing and then have a big promotion of all the episodes coming back on.

I highly doubt GT will ever come back
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4