• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ah! My Goddess Anime DVD Slated for August 23

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
More sidestory fluff or will they ever actually cover the manga?
WitchWatcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:35 am Reply with quote
been watching/reading this series for a long time and wish they would just do another season and cover the spoiler[demon world rebellion] arc.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 am Reply with quote
Seeing as the original OVA was sidestory fluff, I get the feeling this will be very similar.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 am Reply with quote
90% most likely it will be filler and judging from the picture looks like This OAD story is going on the goddesses playing as a band or something i could be wrong tough

Still u cant complain to much at least we are getting some anime from time to time don't get me wrong i would love to have third season but at least its better to have an OAD coming out occasionally that nothing at all Cool
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:33 am Reply with quote
The anime hasn't covered the manga since like, 2004... and even then it was out of order. Hell, even the movie was basically a sidestory.

Some of the most recent manga content has been the best stuff in years though.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
'tis one of my favourite manga for which I have all original volumes that DH has released up to now with preorders of the rest, but seeing as Fujishima-san is only slightly younger than me, either he will die, or I will before he finally ends it, I fear. Crying or Very sad

I have imagined up to 4 ways of just how he could end it, if he does survive to do so though, and each is quite plausible in my mind.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
'tis one of my favourite manga for which I have all original volumes that DH has released up to now with preorders of the rest, but seeing as Fujishima-san is only slightly younger than me, either he will die, or I will before he finally ends it, I fear. Crying or Very sad

I have imagined up to 4 ways of just how he could end it, if he does survive to do so though, and each is quite plausible in my mind.

Just out of curiosity what sort of ending you think might happen ?
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 am Reply with quote
More AMG anime is always welcomed but I prefer another season(s) to cover more of the manga.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

The only way it could end is Keiichi dieing of old age while Belldandy never ages a day. Hehehehe.

Of course, there are a lot of ways it could have a happy ending but you'd have to cut it off at the point where they basically live happily ever after (until Keiichi dies).

What really matters is what happens between then and now. I can't wait until Vol 46 comes out...
sburstall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
I'm agreeing with you all. This would just be another filler episode that wouldn't be canon. I'd like to see another season or two of the series that stays close to the manga. There is a lot of good stuff that's been going on.

As for the ending, I'd like to keep it an open ending with them just sitting on the porch sipping on tea. Laughing
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
Anther ova why cant they just make anther season all ready
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
The manga feels like it's entering into a climax... That is, hopefully. It's been going on for over 20 years, it really should just end somewhere :p Then maybe we can get an anime continuation...

I'm still waiting for Funi to release all the OVAs in one set, too (the new ones that is).
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote
We get two seasons of the TV series and Keiichi still ain't hit that?

WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I see the AMG/OMG anime properties more as supplements to the manga. Let's face it, the manga is LOOOONG, and is unlikely to get a straight anime adaptation any time soon. It's also been so long since the 52-episode TV series, they may as well start over again.

No anime will top the original OVAs though. They are classics, and I enjoyed them a whole lot. The movie was great too, and Mini-Goddess was entertaining. The TV series kinda fell flat for me, but I still enjoyed it. If FUNi gets these, I really hope Juliet Cesario and Scott Simpson return as Belldandy and Keiichi respectively. They were amazing, and truly became those characters. Bridget Hoffman and Tony Oliver were decent in the movie, while Eileen Stevens and Victor Aaron were kinda flat, but still got the job done.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
We get two seasons of the TV series and Keiichi still ain't hit that?

WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?

...they're spoiler[ finally dealing with the reason why in the manga... it's very interesting. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2