• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Anime Gets 2nd TV Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 am Reply with quote
Well, I for one am thrilled. Last season was great and I can't wait for more!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
Is the second season a different version of the first season or is it going to be a sequel to the anime?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
And all is well between KyoAni and myself again.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 am Reply with quote
What? No FMP? Razz
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
Well, that;s kind of odd, but if I remember correctly there is a second novel this series has that it didn't cover (not that anyone here will give a shit if its that novel or not) so all I can say at the moment is "lets see how this turns out!"
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
I'm happy for this because I found the ending of the first season to be a bit weak, so I hope they continue you on with the story for the better and make a better/right deciding conclusion instead of saying to all the viewers that its okay to be socially inept/"aspergerish" in the social world. Its okay when your around with friends just for laughs, but doing it everytime with everybody will leave a bad impression on you and will no one will take you seriously when even thinking about your own future. I don't see the Dark Flame Master able to get a job at Mcdonalds or an exterminator Anime hyper.

I just went back and re-read then this. What the hell? As someone with aspergers I found this post very insulting. You either don't understand what aspergers is or for some reason you think we can control it. It's a high functioning autism. It's something people are born with and have no real control over. In other words, it IS okay to be "aspergerish" for people that actually have it, we can't control it. Telling us that it's not okay to be ourselves is discrimination. It's really insulting and ignorant for you to say what you did, to use that word in that way.

The internet likes to use it as a excuse to be jerks, I know, but honestly it's pretty easy to tell when they're faking it because it doesn't really come through online because it's a social disorder that mostly manifests in face-to-face situations.

Also, that wasn't what the conclusion was really saying. It was closer to "Everyone has their own way of dealing with sadness." "We all need to escape our reality sometimes".
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
And now we get to see if they continue with their story that's completely different from the original light novel or if they decide t0 have anything to do with volume 2. Considering they were responsible for everything good and bad in the anime (the LNs were really almost completely unremarkable, if admirably un-clichéd, especially compared to the anime), I think it could be okay.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
I'm happy for this because I found the ending of the first season to be a bit weak, so I hope they continue you on with the story for the better and make a better/right deciding conclusion instead of saying to all the viewers that its okay to be socially inept/"aspergerish" in the social world. Its okay when your around with friends just for laughs, but doing it everytime with everybody will leave a bad impression on you and will no one will take you seriously when even thinking about your own future. I don't see the Dark Flame Master able to get a job at Mcdonalds or an exterminator Anime hyper.

I know what you're trying to say, considering the characters in the anime could control themselves when needed, but socially ineptness is not always controllable, so be careful what you say about things like that.
On that note, Japan is known for not accomodating these kinds of sicknesses, and though the actual chuunibyou syndrome has been linked with other social/mental issues, it's only been recognized in the public as a joke people are able to get over, rather than something people can't control, and thus, should be accomodated so they can fit in.
And this anime doesn't really help those assumptions.

Not that it was made to.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
Wait a minute - my birthday was last week. A belated gift, I guess, and a very welcome one.

My only wondermentness is - if this is a direct sequel - I wonder how they will handle the show? After all, a large part of the juice of the first season was watching the fun of Eye Patch being deluded. spoiler[Now that that has been "solved"], I'm not sure where they are going to take things. I'll be very interested to find out, though.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 am Reply with quote
The "plot" of the second novel is basically spoiler[Rikka being jealous about Yuuta's old female chuuni friend hanging around him again]. It's all very random and somehow has more cringe comedy than the of the first novel. That's basically it. At one point spoiler[Rikka gets kidnapped].
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote
ha ha ha we call it indeed a s2 of chuunibyou it going to happen.

indeed we all now YES YES YES more chuu-chuu to watch.
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
YAY!!! Cutest show, best news in a while! "Chuunibyou" is basically everything I want out of a cute/moe series-- it's funny, romantic and touching in all the right places. It's so good that I don't feel it really needs a sequel but nonetheless I'm excited to see what more they do with Rikka's adventures!!!

Yaaaaaay!!!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Like I said before, I think the first season of Chuu-2 is pretty much perfect the way it was contstructed and the way it ended. I cannot imagine what Kyoto Animation can add in a second season to make it worthwhile. I do not like the idea of a second season, but I hope it adds something great to this franchise. I would be upset if season 2 f-ups the legacy of season 1.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Oh damn, I'm definitely excited about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
Good news, moeblob fans! Now you can just pretend Free never happened and skip right to Chuuni 2. And while you're at it forgetting things, forget Tamako Market as well.

I'm really happy about this. Where are my dubbed BDs, Sentai!?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4