• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: WataMote Anime's Character Designs Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd say this is one of the most highly anticipated summer titles I'm curious about. Though I'm still wondering what the TV format will be: full length or something shorter. Not to mention the staff as well.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote
I really can't see this being anything full-length; if it were, there'd probably be unintentional suicides each week.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
I would love to see this! I hope CR streams it!
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
I pray that the series will be a full length series. If so, it would likely be divided into multiple sections per episode. Ah, the anticipation...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I pray that the series will be a full length series. If so, it would likely be divided into multiple sections per episode.

That's what I'm hoping for sort of like the Azumanga Daioh or Nichijou or Daily Lives of High School Boys format. I wonder who's going to voice Tomoko, Tomoki, and Yu?

I only read a few chapters then stop because the humor is both funny yet depressingly true.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I pray that the series will be a full length series. If so, it would likely be divided into multiple sections per episode. Ah, the anticipation...

The fact they haven't announced a studio yet with little more than a month to go is a pretty telling sign it won't be a full show. Typically the short show don't announce the studios until a few weeks before it airs.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

The fact they haven't announced a studio yet with little more than a month to go is a pretty telling sign it won't be a full show. Typically the short show don't announce the studios until a few weeks before it airs.

Regardless I'm still going to watch it, Tomoko Kuroki is such an unique character that I can look past that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
A show with a otaku girl who's actually like real-life female otaku and not a male otaku in a girl's body like some other shows *coughOREIMO*cough*?

I didn't think it possible.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
A show with a otaku girl who's actually like real-life female otaku and not a male otaku in a girl's body like some other shows *coughOREIMO*cough*?

those type of girls do exist, rare mind you but exist.

Still I'm happy like you to see a refreshing changing of pace with female characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
StormSky92

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
My body is beyond ready for this anime. I can't wait. Character designs look good, but i'll really be interested in the voices.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Yeah, I mean those are as unlikely as a boy who's into yaoi and other female oriented material

Those totally don't really exist, right?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Yeah, I mean those are as unlikely as a boy who's into yaoi and other female oriented material

The difference is that I am bisexual while Kirino is heterosexual and yet still likes ONLY male-orientated stuff. If she was shown to still like things aimed at girls as as wel stuff for guys I wouldn't mind so but she literally only likes male-orientated stuff.

Oreimo would be far more interesting if Kirino was a fujoshi but I guess I can't expect a lonely otaku's wank fantasy turned into a novel to be good.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

The difference is that I am bisexual while Kirino is heterosexual and yet still likes ONLY male-orientated stuff. If she was shown to still like things aimed at girls as as wel stuff for guys I wouldn't mind so but she literally only likes male-orientated stuff.

Oreimo would be far more interesting if Kirino was a fujoshi but I guess I can't expect a lonely otaku's wank fantasy turned into a novel to be good.

I thought kirino was bi personally, she does droll over girls younger than her.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Oreimo would be far more interesting if Kirino was a fujoshi but I gees I can't expect a lonely otaku's wank fantasy turned into a novel to be good.

It's interesting that you think the only way to fix this problem is to make her interested in fujoshi stuff. Why not instead fix it by having her not be heterosexual? Rather than her being a fujoshi, I think it would be far more interesting for her to be gay. But as much as I like the show (though this season a lot less than the first) the show's writing is rather bad so it would flub it's handling of that at least as bad as what it's actually trying to do.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It's interesting that you think the only way to fix this problem is to make her interested in fujoshi stuff. Why not instead fix it by having her not be heterosexual? Rather than her being a fujoshi, I think it would be far more interesting for her to be gay. But as much as I like the show (though this season a lot less than the first) the show's writing is rather bad so it would flub it's handling of that at least as bad as what it's actually trying to do.

Considering that the whole BASIS (and title) of the show centers around her (barely concealed) affection for her brother, making her gay would make it an entirely different show. (I don't mean in terms of quality I mean literally in terms of plot)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2