• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, June 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashura zoldyck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
happy for hunter x hunter, i hope it's gonna stay like that
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that Chuggington managed to score a 4.6 despite being at 6:15AM. Didn't actually think it'd ever chart, just simply due to the timeslot and the target audience for the show. None the less, it's interesting to see a western property score high enough outside the usual two and get into the top ten. Curious George remains another strong Western show in the top 10, which I think is good. Shaun the Sheep... I wonder how well that does whenever it doesn't rank, since it tends to be the only other western show that can rank on here.

Anyways, looking at the ratings here, they... definitely seem to be getting weaker as the years go on. I know there's various parts of the years where certain shows do worse and better (ex. Sazae-san). Still, good to see Yamato and Hunter x Hunter chart. Not going to lie, it's really weird to see no Pokemon on the top 10 chart for long periods at a time. Normally it does well enough to stay in the top 10, but it hasn't as of late.

I wonder how the demographic ratings are for these shows, since we used to occasionally get them from 2ch, but they haven't been posted as of late (as is most of the other ratings, for that matter). I know stuff like Inazuma Eleven used to score relatively high in the kids demographics (around One Piece's), even though the overall rating average wasn't as close to One Piece. Would be curious if someone would post these again.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Not even 4.0 for Space Brothers ? That's pretty bad for a 5.30 pm time-slot. It's bringing Conan down too. Can't see it lasting much longer in that slot.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Not even 4.0 for Space Brothers ? That's pretty bad for a 5.30 pm time-slot. It's bringing Conan down too. Can't see it lasting much longer in that slot.

NTV should give MADHOUSE another interesting property to animate for that timeslot; 20th Century Boys, anybody? Smile
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:

Evening slots alone dont guarantee 7-10+ rating. Uchuu Kyoudai is doing quite good, chances are it algo got 4.0 raiting. Inform youself and see past ratings and get to know more about evening anime series and how the actually perform.

Whats this nonsense about other series dragging down others, totally nonsense. If you have short memory, again, I invite you to see DC rating before Uchuu kyoudai was even on the time slot...
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Kutsu wrote:

Evening slots alone don't guarantee 7-10+ rating. Uchuu Kyoudai is doing quite good, chances are it algo got 4.0 raiting. Inform youself and see past ratings and get to know more about evening anime series and how the actually perform.

Whats this nonsense about other series dragging down others, totally nonsense. If you have short memory, again, I invite you to see DC rating before Uchuu kyoudai was even on the time slot...

For pete's sake could you please learn how to engage in a dicussion without being so agressive ? It doesn't encourage any response and it's very displeasing. I will not engage in this discussion any further afterwards if your next response is as agressive.

Of course evening slots alone don't guarantee ratings at the same heights as the top 6 but when a show gets an evening time-slot and on NTV no less (one of the biggest networks alongside Fuji TV, we're not talking Tv Tokyo or TBS here) it is expected to do much better than when it airs at 7 am on sunday. As for Space Brothers's numbers, you are merely speculating as we don't know them apart from when the series actually makes the top 10 (which doesn't happen that often). It could well be at 3.9 but it could also be at 3.0, no one knows.

Also, you being so condescent about how ratings work is quite ironic when you don't even acknowledge the fact that one anime having weaker ratings than the program it replaces obviously impacts the show after it. You want examples : take One Piece's ratings before Dragon Ball Kai, during Dragon Ball Kai and after Dragon Ball Kai and it will be clear as day. The Conan/Space Brothers anime block is merely another example of this logical phenomenon.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
The Conan anime only episodes tend to sometimes do better than the manga ones. it was a meh case anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1