• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dark Horse, CBLDF Print Manga Guide for Parents & Educators

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they are making something like this.

When I worked in a book store I saw a librarian buying manga for the local high school. She had a list of books but I notice that they were all shonen titles so I suggested she look into Sailor Moon for the girls. It took me 20 minuets to explain to her that Sailor Moon was not an adult title with naked girls running around all of the time.
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
It certainly sounds like a useful guide, but I'm a little confused about one thing.
It says it's available now at ALA and will be available later at Anime Expo, but... will the book be available anywhere else? If so, then where?

So I found an answer checking CBLDF's website. It says on there it'll be available December 4 in stores. Guess that answers my question.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
OtakuKitten wrote:
I'm glad they are making something like this.

When I worked in a book store I saw a librarian buying manga for the local high school. She had a list of books but I notice that they were all shonen titles so I suggested she look into Sailor Moon for the girls. It took me 20 minuets to explain to her that Sailor Moon was not an adult title with naked girls running around all of the time.

I suppose with a tittle like "sailor moon" any misinformed person in the united states would make such an assumption its their mentality. though a bunch of lightly clothed school girls would make anybody think twice.

but you did say she had no problem with shonen? while not in huge amounts even db has some fan service, she would not have thought of checking any of them before hand it seems. unfortunately the bias and assumptions are still there.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
As an official card carrying member of the CBLDF, I'm definitely looking forward to buying a copy once it comes out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1