• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled #2's Full Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
I hope CC and Suzaku will be in this one. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I hope CC and Suzaku will be in this one.

They should be.

Looking forward to this! Man, the screams in the theater as Suzaku was shown in the teaser at the end of the first episode... Anime hyper
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quote
Really want to see the first one, and this one too. I'm not a very big Code Geass fan, but I'm a really big fan of the director Kazuki Akane. I want to see what he brings to this setting.

Looks like a lot of the shot composition is excellent.

Unfortunately, the only other thing I have to say about this is holy shitty CG batman!
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
Really want to see the first one, and this one too. I'm not a very big Code Geass fan, but I'm a really big fan of the director Kazuki Akane. I want to see what he brings to this setting.

Unfortunately, the only other thing I have to say about this is holy shitty CG batman!

Mmmm thus far it's been a bit sub-par for me. As A Code Geass fan, Akito has yet to being anything new to the table so he's a bit disappointing, though the main girl's story is slightly more interesting.

Though the animation is generally very good (even though imo the worst bit of CG is the mech combat) and the storyline should at least not be bad.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
my body is ready for this one.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The way things are likely to occur, Suzaku should play a role during the actual course of events since he's obviously traveling to the European front lines, but it's not too probable that C.C. will show up outside of a flashback or something of a similar nature.

Galap wrote:

Considering I'm a fan of both the director and this particular property, I'd say he's an interesting pick and did a nice job with the first episode even though it was mostly made up of introductory material, so apparently the second one will be more important in the long run and the trailer itself seems to support this assumption.

Like it was mentioned above, Akito himself isn't that interesting right now and remains a bit mysterious, but I think Leila's been properly established. It would seem that Akito's background will be revealed during the second episode and the villains are also going to get some more development this time.

Quote:

I'd have to strongly disagree.

To be specific, the 3D CG work for the town houses or buildings shown in this particular trailer is rather simple and nothing to talk about, but the robots themselves have very good models and the camera work as well as the choreography are excellent. Which is ultimately more important for me. Then again, I'm also speaking based on already having seen the first OVA/film in action with HD quality and not strictly limiting my impressions to this specific Youtube trailer.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest: I want to see this more now that I know Suzaku is in this.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I hope CC and Suzaku will be in this one. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

Suzaku will definitely be in this one and not as a cameo but you might as well forget about C.C
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1