• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Gets New Shonen Jump Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote
From the screenshots it looks awsome... shame i dont have a DS or anything. Laughing
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:07 am Reply with quote
i sure wish those of us in america could get these awsome games Sad
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote
So what is stopping you from getting a Nintendo DS? They are region free and will play DS and GBA games released in Japan, Europe and North America.

Jump Ultimate Superstars has Nintendo Wifi so you can play people across the world.

The first Jump Superstars was a popular import game since it apparently was easy to play and there are guides online that translate it.

I expect the sequel to be treated the same way by american audiences. It will be a popular import and will be translated by gamefaqs.

If you live in Japan you should try your best to get a Nintendo DS before the pokebomb drops later this year. In America the DS will also become scare when the pokebomb drops as well since the GBA audience will finally move to the DS.
dokool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote
toomanyalts wrote:
So what is stopping you from getting a Nintendo DS? They are region free and will play DS and GBA games released in Japan, Europe and North America.

Not everyone has $130 to drop on a DS Lite, y'know.

And yeah, while Jump Superstars does have plenty of GameFaqs translations, it's annoying to have to look back and forth between the DS and the computer monitor (or printed page, if you're that kinda guy) to figure out what the hell you're doing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
uncutpokemon wrote:
i sure wish those of us in america could get these awsome games Sad

Blame Shonen Jump for carving up all the game manga anime rights etc to various American, European companies instead of setting up corporate offices to handle localization duties.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
It's Jump Superstars . . . not Jump All-stars
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when ANN will report on the Death Note DS game.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quote
toomanyalts wrote:
I wonder when ANN will report on the Death Note DS game.

I wonder when ANN will report on the second Death Note movie..... I've been watching it's trailer every day for 3 weeks now..... It looks sweet as hell, just like the first one.

As for Jump Ultimate Stars, hopefully they'll make it easier to get Ichigo from Bleach.... I took my brother and me quite a while to get him in Jump Superstars. Now we have to work on getting his Ban Kai stage. And hopefully Ryuk and Light from Death Note will actually do something in this game..... Well either way, I'm psyched about the game. I'll probably import it along with the Bleach: Heat the Soul 3 that I'm importing.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Finally, A new Jump Superstars game. I wish I got that game.

But only one problem. I'm not from Japan. Jump Superstars is only in Japan. I wish I could fly to Japan, get the game, and come back to America.

EDIT: I hope Jump Ultimate Stars includes characters from Claymore, characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and characters from that horror novel that ANN said will be part of Shonen Jump.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
\Finally, A new Jump Superstars game. I wish I got that game.

But only one problem. I'm not from Japan. Jump Superstars is only in Japan. I wish I could fly to Japan, get the game, and come back to America.

Hey, it's called importing. You find a website like Play-Asia that pretty much sells anything regarding entertainment from Japan and then you search for which game you want on the site, and then you buy it and have it shipped to your home address. That's what 99% of the people who play games from Japan do. They import using the Internet. Remember, Riyousha, the Internet is your best friend.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:

As for Jump Ultimate Stars, hopefully they'll make it easier to get Ichigo from Bleach.... I took my brother and me quite a while to get him in Jump Superstars. Now we have to work on getting his Ban Kai stage. And hopefully Ryuk and Light from Death Note will actually do something in this game..... Well either way, I'm psyched about the game. I'll probably import it along with the Bleach: Heat the Soul 3 that I'm importing.

I agree on Ichigo. Since he was one of the last characters you picked up, there was a lot of time spent wondering when. 7-Koma Ichigo was the only 7-koma character I used (really only in the "use a million help characters" goals), but that was just because his Bankai is the coolest thing in the history of the world ever. I preferred his 6-koma form however.

What they need to do is spread the series out more evenly. Getting all the One Piece characters (minus 7-koma Luffy) almost instantly took away a lot of my reason for playing, and waiting until the end to get any Bleach characters was just a bummer. Though, regarding One Piece, I'm curious if Franky will be in this...and will Luffy have spoiler[Gear Second and Third]?

Personally, I'm hoping for a much needed improvement in playable characters. I don't necessarily mind that characters like Light or Ryoma Echizen are only support, since I can't imagine playing with Light, but series like Black Cat, Bleach, and Kenshin could use more playable characters than just one.

I can't wait to pick this up. I'm hoping for more difficulty, looking forward to double the characters, and excited to go online with it. I only hope they don't shake things up so much that I have to have to start looking for another main playable character instead of 5-koma Jotaro Kujo.
LC_Lapen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Funny you should mention gear 2 and Franky...

Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:00 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for this game!
LC_Lapen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1