• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, July 29-August 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see space brothers doing so well. I wanted to watch danchi tomoo and yamato 2199 but no one announced either of them for simulcast. Rolling Eyes
dan9999

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Wooot!! Uchuu kyoudai!

This was good list to see how series outside the top 10 are doing. Danchi tomoo seems to be doing quite good.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
did Sazae-san not air that week?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
did Sazae-san not air that week?

Apparently, it skipped a week along with Chibi Maruko-chan, Doraemon, One Piece and Toriko, which usually rank in the top 10.
Eternal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy to see space brother up there! When I first saw the rating, since I haven't looked at other list before - I thought it was quite low. However I noticed that it was higher than Naruto Shippuden and Hunter x Hunter! I'm so glad. I love this anime so much, one of my top five even. I would be completely devasted if it got cancelled or ends quickly because not a lot of people are showing interest in it.

Gladly however, that was just my assumption which was proven wrong. It's just sad that I have no one in Real Life, despite having multiple of anime fans, to talk and fangirl to about the anime. I can't convinced them to start watching it too because they're more caught up with other popular titles and don't want to watch it because it's not about action or school romance Sad This is sad.
BUT ANYWHO. YAY. SPACE BROTHERS
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
Eternal Lover wrote:
I'm so happy to see space brother up there! When I first saw the rating, since I haven't looked at other list before - I thought it was quite low. However I noticed that it was higher than Naruto Shippuden and Hunter x Hunter! I'm so glad. I love this anime so much, one of my top five even. I would be completely devasted if it got cancelled or ends quickly because not a lot of people are showing interest in it.

HxH nor Naruto are any reference for ratings. Naruto has never been really (or bleach). HxH either, but occasionally makes it to the top 10, mostly when one of the usual top ten anime takes a break.

Uchuu Kyoudai is not consistent but makes it to the top with decent regularity so far. Even it it does not make it to the top 10 always, its ratings have been quite good ever since its morning time slot. By no means its a series that will compete with ratings in the level of One Piece/DC/Sasae but its regular 4 +/- its quite good.

Uchuu Kyodai ROCKS! I've said countless times, best series of 2012, and one of the best currently airing so far. Its shiny new evening time slot right before detective conan its no gift and no easy feat to pull off.

Aside from its good ratings, it has also boosted the manga quite a lot, so its very strong in two fronts which almost guarantee that the anime will continue for a while, theres still a good amount of manga left to adapt.
methedemon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is amazing
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:

I agree I'm worried though its TV rating may hert its chances for it to get a second season...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
methedemon wrote:

I agree I'm worried though its TV rating may hert its chances for it to get a second season...

It sells BluRays and theater tickets, I can't see how they'd abandon a second season. Although, I do hope they go in a slightly different direction than the Comet Empire, or at least try to keep in the second film's ending.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Wrangler wrote:
methedemon wrote:

It sells BluRays and theater tickets, I can't see how they'd abandon a second season. Although, I do hope they go in a slightly different direction than the Comet Empire, or at least try to keep in the second film's ending.

Its ratings are quite good, plus it sells LOTS of discs, PLUS, if not enough, it gets theatrical releases! Its doing excellent of all 3 main fronts.

I also cannot see how the re-imagining/remake of the second and maybe the third season cannot happen with such fantastic sales.

The series is indeed amazing, this remake definitely improved tremendously an already classic and iconic series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1