• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 14th - October 20th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Could we place a moratorium on features in anyway bringing up lolicon? In light of recent events, it's pretty depressing.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Could we place a moratorium on features in anyway bringing up lolicon? In light of recent events, it's pretty depressing.

What recent events are you talking about?

And no, I'm not going to tell my writers to not say anything at all about it. It was an off-handed comment anyway.
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey, LordByronius, where did Bobo-bo go? Is he gone for good, or was he just overshadowed by the Miyazaki movie like Naruto was?
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Duo Maxwell wrote:
overshadowed by the Miyazaki movie like Naruto was?

yup!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Duo Maxwell wrote:

yup!

Aww, shucks.. No Bobobo tonight. Does anybody else really watch it? Y'know, watching anime isn't always about the deep, profound and contraversial stories of our time, but rather the light-hearted joys and experiances we share through life. Isn't that what it's really all about?! Its time to wake up, smell the coffee and experience what true happiness is.
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
They're not showing Princess Mononoke right now. Did Cartoon Network make a last-minute schedule change and decide not to show it...? I was actually interesting in seeing it, too. Sad
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
They're not showing Princess Mononoke right now. Did Cartoon Network make a last-minute schedule change and decide not to show it...? I was actually interesting in seeing it, too. Sad

Yeah. They replaced it with Ultimate Avengers. It's because Ultimate Avengers II airs next week and Cartoon Network wants kids to remember what happened in the first movie.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
ManSlayer07 wrote:

Yeah. They replaced it with Ultimate Avengers. It's because Ultimate Avengers II airs next week and Cartoon Network wants kids to remember what happened in the first movie.

WTF. Then why is Ultimate Avengers on at 8:30? I thought Princess Mononoke was to be on at 7:00? What was on earlier in the night? Also, what times will Ultimate Avengers II be on next week? Will we miss Naruto again?!

Freaking Cartoon Network morons...
ManSlayer07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
ManSlayer07 wrote:

WTF. Then why is Ultimate Avengers on at 8:30? I thought Princess Mononoke was to be on at 7:00? What was on earlier in the night? Also, what times will Ultimate Avengers II be on next week? Will we miss Naruto again?!

Yes, WTF indeed. I missed PM in March when Toonami first aired it and this time CN replaces it with other random programming. I'll end up getting the DVD eventually...
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
Of course Shinesman is still funny! Quotes like "Sheena, get in the glowing green square" are made of total win. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
varmintx wrote:

i'd like to know as well.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:48 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Zac wrote:
varmintx wrote:

i'd like to know as well.

I'm not sure, but I assume it was that whole Amish shooting thing, if you heard about what the shooter was originally planning to do.

Of course, that may not be it, so, whoever knows?
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quote
Duo Maxwell wrote:
LordByronius wrote:
Duo Maxwell wrote:

yup!

Aww, shucks.. No Bobobo tonight. Does anybody else really watch it? Y'know, watching anime isn't always about the deep, profound and contraversial stories of our time, but rather the light-hearted joys and experiances we share through life. Isn't that what it's really all about?! Its time to wake up, smell the coffee and experience what true happiness is.

Well i watch it and i wont miss an episode, but although that show is random an "funny" it would be better if they kept the original japanese jokes instead of the ones they have, THEN i would like it better, right now im just watching it because its just another anime
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quote
ManSlayer07 wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
ManSlayer07 wrote:

Yes, WTF indeed. I missed PM in March when Toonami first aired it and this time CN replaces it with other random programming. I'll end up getting the DVD eventually...

I agree. They fail because they even promoted it last week and didn't promote the change. Jerks. They did the same thing with FLCL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree with Brian on how TV pretty much shuts you out on reality. No matter how stressed I am, I can pop in a movie, play a game, or watch some anime, and it feels like all my worries were just washed away... until I get back into harsh reality!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2