• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Psycho Le Cému in USA

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
If anyone has better luck than I did in finding this disc for sale online somewhere, please post.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
HAHA wow. this may be something to hunt down.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quote
I clicked on the link to the Japanese store that you mentioned and...

Quote:
Error 500 'www.plcwebmar...' Unknown Host.

It doesn't work...
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:51 am Reply with quote
Wow, very unique subject matter this time around. I was under the impression that the column was going to be about old stuff, though; was this just a misinterpretation on my part?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
redcomet15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:51 am Reply with quote
That guy Daishi is wielding a giant replica of the Dragon Slayer, Guts' sword from Berserk--that is too cool for words. Oh wow, I'd love to see him swing that thing around.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
***Your link is to Pierrot the studio and not Pierrot the band.

Nice column! I'm glad this is going to be a nice mixed bag. I came expecting like...a reivew of some old lost Gundam episode from before I was born and I got a pleasent surprise!

how sad for them to end that way.

They seemed pretty cool and I liked the two videos I watched on Youtube.

Bet a dvd costs an arm and leg though.
I'd love to see it.

~Brit
I guess it goes to show that not everything buried is old...just under lots of dirt.

Last edited by britannicamoore on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Aww, Psycho le Cemu!!! *tries to reign in the fangirl-side to make a coherent post*

Wow, this is not at all what I was expecting! But I like it alot! My friend introduced me and the rest of our "group" to Psycho le Cemu last year around June, right after their second tour I think, and shortly after we heard about the drug-bust. Really dissappointing... But we've all managed to buy one of their cds or some other random merchandise, and are planning on investigating some of the member's outside works. (most of them have gone on to form new bands) And we're also hoping that the band reunites. My friend who introduced us all may have the bootleg version of the dvd, but I'd certianly love to own the real thing...
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:22 am Reply with quote
I hadn't heard about their demise. That's really just too bad.

I saw them at Project Akon in '04 and god if I didn't have a blast. Thanks for the column.
violetsquirrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quote
So sad to see them spoken about in past tense like that Sad

I've got a clip from the second DVD, and I've gotta say it's well worth trying to get hold of. It's them basically playing the Amazing Race all around Orlando, with an "old" team consisting of Daishi and Lida and a "young" team consisting of Seek, Aya and Yura-sama. All the clues are in English and it's fantastic watching them trying to navigate around this city that they don't know, with varying levels of English ability. This also means that it's fairly easy to follow even with the lack of subs...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I was under the impression that the column was going to be about old stuff, though; was this just a misinterpretation on my part?

It's about the unique, the obscure, the old, the undiscovered, the buried.

Those are not all necessarily the same thing.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:06 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

I see; thanks for clearing that up. I guess I was just confused by the opening sentence of the first column; I was expecting older titles. Not that I'm disappointed; quite the contrary. I never would have heard of Psycho Le Cému had it not been for this.

Great work, Justin!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hanachan01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:26 am Reply with quote
Yay! Psyco Le Cemu! I've heard of them before, and I've seen their videos, but I never heard of this DVD. I hope I can find it somewhere, like eBay. Thanks for mentioning it in this column!
kamidai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quote
Ah, PLC! Very Happy I was at the last convention of their second tour, and I saw them both nights they played. It was amazing; granted this has to do with the type of audience, but they were one of the absolute best bands I've ever seen live in terms of audience interaction. And all the people up in the front section doing the para para to Gekiai Merry-Go-Round along with the band.... yeah, I still remember that. I'd always meant to see that live in the USA DVD, but I couldn't quite justify purchasing it (since I'm a serious cosplayer, almost all of my spare money goes towards my costumes and I tend to borrow most DVDs I see). Now I wish I had actually bought it back when I still could have more easily.

Oh, btw, I love this column. Love love love love love.
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
Zac wrote:

I see; thanks for clearing that up. I guess I was just confused by the opening sentence of the first column; I was expecting older titles.

So was I....I thought this column was going to be about anime. I mean, there's nothing necessarily wrong about straying from the main topic for an occasional column, but the second column and we're already not talking about anime anymore? That's not cool.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
spyke_spyegel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2