• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - 'Round Midnight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
Well, it's good to know that the manga AoT is still living up to it's reputation. I want to read this volume but I'll wait until after I watch the series up to that point.
Snootymatt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Read Helter Skelter about 3 weeks ago.
PURE BRILLIANCE

I can't recommend this title enough it is SOOO good
It has everything in it and it is really clever and thought provoking, everything it it suggest that you should hate Liliko but you literally can't even though she's an extremely horrible person, Kyoko Okazaki is just that talented!

I'm really loving everything Vertical are putting out at the moment, can't wait for Kyoko Okazaki's 'PINK' in November!
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
It is very funny to me that anything from Cassandra Clare gets adapted, considering the woman is a plagiarizing bully.
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
It is very funny to me that anything from Cassandra Clare gets adapted, considering the woman is a plagiarizing bully.

Cassie Clare stuff in the cinema makes me feel old. Because I must be getting old if people have forgotten her nonsense. Rolling Eyes
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, it's good to know that the manga AoT is still living up to it's reputation. I want to read this volume but I'll wait until after I watch the series up to that point.

The anime's already gotten past this volume. They're somewhere in volume 7 now, I think.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Great reviews I enjoyed reading your thoughts Smile

Pippin4242 wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Cassie Clare stuff in the cinema makes me feel old. Because I must be getting old if people have forgotten her nonsense. Rolling Eyes

No kidding huh?

Cassandra Clare also writes some of the worst written garbage I have read in recent years (Maximum Ride taking the front lead). I'm just is utter shock that this woman has a "manga" adaption. Simply disgusting. I was already appalled by the movie adaption (apparently a sequel is green lit for more epic failure).

Thank god the Maximum Ride movie was canceled, but it still received a "manga" adaption too.
daichi383

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This volume of Psyren is the kind of material that i wish i could enjoy animated but alas what could have been. Really enjoying the series atm cause i just marathoned through the last 3 volumes. Gotta wait till i save up for the next volume though Very Happy
Bonham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Carlo Santos wrote:
Just what was that ending all about?

Kyoko Okazaki is probably a Lynch fan! The visions in the last couple chapters feel that way, anyhow.

Helter Skelter is basically the most important North American manga release in years. Okazaki is just as important as Tezuka, Otomo, etc. The more people discover her, the better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1