• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomokazu Seki Leads Assassination Classroom Anime Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Nobuhiko Okamoto?

Ugh, it's gonna be annoying listening to the grating voice of the Japanese counterpart of Greg Ayres, but I can deal with it. Smile
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Nobuhiko Okamoto?

Ugh, it's gonna be annoying listening to the grating voice of the Japanese counterpart of Greg Ayres, but I can deal with it. Smile

D: NOBODY SAYS THAT ABOUT MY HUSBAND!! lol
Future husband...
Husband...
husband...

Anyway, it sucks that you don't like him. Anime hyper But if you still enjoy the anime all the same, then that's all that's important!
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Nobuhiko Okamoto?

You shut your filthy mouth right the goddamn now!
There is no Japanese VA in existence that fits the bill for Karma more!
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Accelerator as Karma? Interesting... Though I felt a voice more in Killua's range would have fitted better.

I'm unsure about Korosensei's voice since I wanted him to have more of a wierder voice and from what I can recall(basically looking over his role list and relying on memory) he voiced more "tough" characters... but I guess I'll have to hear him play the role first.

HAHA, Nagisa's got a cutesy voice... and Kaede...!! OH GOD NO, THAT BITCH FROM BAKA AND TEST!! ARRRRRGGGH*Foams at the mouth and falls out...* Ok but seriously, the actor seems all right.

I'm unsure about the casting but I'll wait until I hear it for myself (and NO don't try to tell me all Seiyuu's are godly, I can think of a few that get on my nerves easy.)
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Keep in mind I know nothing about this series besides the premise, which is the main reason why I'm watching it. In other words, I have no idea who "Karma" is.

All I'm saying is that Okamoto has a very grating voice, especially when he starts screaming. Even in the roles where he's absolutely amazing (like Accelerator), it's difficult for me to get past that voice.

Also, I mainly pay attention to English VAs, so the only Japanese VAs that I remember are VAs that leave a BIG impression, and Okamoto certainly has, albeit a slightly negative one.

FYI, my favorite male Japanese VA (for the moment) is Akira Ishida.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty all star cast, I'm a little disappointed that it had to change quite a bit from the VOMIC one and the likely TV anime may change again, but overall it looks good. I'm more familiar with Seki in fiery roles, but I'm sure he'll be fine for this.

On the rest of the comments, I shouldn't be surprised that some people dislike voice actors over one role or cosmetic things when they may be doing a completely different voice performance and hit it out of the park, but then the whole Batfleck thing happened. >_>
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Keep in mind I know nothing about this series besides the premise, which is the main reason why I'm watching it. In other words, I have no idea who "Karma" is.

All I'm saying is that Okamoto has a very grating voice, especially when he starts screaming. Even in the roles where he's absolutely amazing (like Accelerator), it's difficult for me to get past that voice.

Also, I mainly pay attention to English VAs, so the only Japanese VAs that I remember are VAs that leave a BIG impression, and Okamoto certainly has, albeit a slightly negative one.

Accelerator, and to some extent Nizuma Eiji, are basically the only roles where he makes those "grating" noises.
He has an amazing vocal range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsxM5VdPiI

Anyone who thinks he only knows the Accelerator voice(a character with quite a wide vocal range to begin with) clearly has not heard him perform much.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that is a wonderful cast, especially Seki, Okamoto, and Hocchan! Can't wait for this Very Happy
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
Quote:

Accelerator, and to some extent Nizuma Eiji, are basically the only roles where he makes those "grating" noises.
He has an amazing vocal range:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsxM5VdPiI

Anyone who thinks he only knows the Accelerator voice(a character with quite a wide vocal range to begin with) clearly has not heard him perform much.

Well, I actually HAVEN'T heard him much as, if his TVtropes page is any indication, he's relatively recent. There are very few anime I've seen with him in it. And the majority of the time, his voice annoys me (with Accelerator being the exception, most of the time). I also believe he was miscast in Devil Survivor 2, but eh.

But like I said, I actually haven't heard him much. And who knows, he might impress in this.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Huh, Seki as the main character huh? Whenever I'm at Animate they always have some Ansatsu Kyoushitsu thing playing on the monitor and it was Onosaka Masaya voicing the character, so I kinda had Onosaka's voice ingrained in my mind. Not know much about the series and only looking at the character design though, I suppose Seki could fit the bill too.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

Actually, I had always imagined Kamiya Hiroshi as Karma...

Well, that being said, I have great respect for Okamoto, so I'm sure he'll do a good job. Smile
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Huh, Seki as the main character huh? Whenever I'm at Animate they always have some Ansatsu Kyoushitsu thing playing on the monitor and it was Onosaka Masaya voicing the character, so I kinda had Onosaka's voice ingrained in my mind. Not know much about the series and only looking at the character design though, I suppose Seki could fit the bill too.

Onosaka would fit the character VERY well, but they changed the entire Vomic cast to a new cast. Masumi Asano was also in the Vomic cast, but NOOOOOOOOO...
Ginsan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
First glance, I thought it's gonna be Tomokazu Sugita (Gin-san's VA). Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddddd Who did not see that coming, a woman to voice Nagisa? Who did not see that coming??? spoiler[It's so obvious, from miles away lol]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quote
Seki Tomokazu is awesome & now I am more interested in watching this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1