• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Walkure Romanze Anime's Ad Features Miyuki Hashimoto's Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
I was interested in this for five scarce seconds when I read this show was about competitive jousting women. Then I watched the preview which consists of 25% of not so good looking CG joust and 75% girls' clothes being randomly ripped to casually expose their bras and panties in a way that leaves nothing for imagination.

Yeah, absolutely not for me. Good thing I already had a dozen Fall shows I wanted to check out.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
I can't believe this......thing... got inspired on utena of all shows.

Don't get me wrong, echi does not bother me one bit, is just that the whole thing seems terribly written and generally awful.

They could've choosen a less amazing source of inspiration, or in any case put more kangaroos.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, that looks like utter garbage.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
I will give it a chance... just for the sake of jousting and boobies.

I've watched some pretty horrible shows, so I think I can get through this one. Can't be worse than Hakuoki...
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:42 am Reply with quote
Same, I'll give it a chance as well. Honestly, I don't remember ever watching a series with a jousting theme before. That looks kinda fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
If only male fanservice shows got the same respect as female fanservice shows.. Crying or Very sad

Anyways, even though this is on CR, I bet this is something you'll either want to watch on AT-X or wait for the BDs
Momokochan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
If only male fanservice shows got the same respect as female fanservice shows.. Crying or Very sad

OH MY GOD A guy just trashed Hakouki back up. Since when female fanservice shows have been respected? NEVER MAN, NEVER.
Women simply don't take pride on their shit, (the younger ones d, but everyone, of either gender, inmature enough does so.) They know is shit and live with that fact proudly.

MarthKoopa knows Hakouki is trash, I know Hakouki is trash (female fanservice show) I enjoy Hakouki, even tho I kno it's trash. I mean vampire shinsengumi, man. There's no redeeming qualities in that.

MarthKoopa also knows that Walkure is trash, just as I know is trash. But he will enjoy Walkure even if he knows it's trash. And that's alright.

But anyway, we still have the right criticize the quality of the show. Not because we enjoy it does that give the shows protection of criticism of being inferior products that will never amount to anything, but simply regarded as cheap fap material.

Also, it amounts the fact that there are better fanservice shows with better dialog, characters, etc, and that makes it even worse. Not because a show has fanservice (for either male or female) does it excuse it from being badly done.

There's a lot of fanservice shows/series/manga/games that are actually well executed. So, it's shameful that shows that have the quality and budget can't do it, and shield under the umbrella of "well it's just fap material man!"

I mean, Fate Stay Night is actually well written, directed, and animated in the case of the anime, and also very VERY respected by both men and women even if it is a fanservice series.

I don't see nor know of a fanservice series for women that is as popular and respected as Fate Stay Night, so....
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
Since when female fanservice shows have been respected? NEVER MAN, NEVER.

Are you kidding me? How about ALWAYS.

You're conflating subjective evaluations of artistic merit--which I am NOT talking about at all--with simply being respected by other anime fans for what something is. That is, you're thinking about a popular perceptions of "respectability", where as I am referring to the act of respect displayed by users, simply respecting what a show intends to do

Ironically though, even female fanservice shows have much better perceptions of respectability as you certainly don't here any cries of sexism or misogyny (well, misandry) for any of them.

But one can roughly measure the respect displayed by looking at the amount and degree of negative reaction. And a lack of such negativity--indifference--against the intentions of a show, certainly shows a higher level of respect for female fanservice shows relative to male fanservice shows at least.

Compare the reaction here (and for all other similar shows) to the thread for NEWS: Chiaki Kon Directs Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi Boys-Love Film at DEEN just a day ago.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
well that trailer certainly didn't inspire confidence. never-the-less, i'm still going to watch it
Momokochan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Momokochan wrote:
Since when female fanservice shows have been respected? NEVER MAN, NEVER.

Are you kidding me? How about ALWAYS.

You're conflating subjective evaluations of artistic merit--which I am NOT talking about at all--with simply being respected by other anime fans for what something is. That is, you're thinking about a popular perceptions of "respectability", where as I am referring to the act of respect displayed by users, simply respecting what a show intends to do

Ironically though, even female fanservice shows have much better perceptions of respectability as you certainly don't here any cries of sexism or misogyny (well, misandry) for any of them.

But one can roughly measure the respect displayed by looking at the amount and degree of negative reaction. And a lack of such negativity--indifference--against the intentions of a show, certainly shows a higher level of respect for female fanservice shows relative to male fanservice shows at least.

Compare the reaction here (and for all other similar shows) to the thread for NEWS: Chiaki Kon Directs Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi Boys-Love Film at DEEN just a day ago.

There's 3 people on that topic. 3 PEOPLE.
Women shows are so disrespected that people does not even bother. It's dissed as a "women show", that's not being respected. Not because something is ignored does it mean is respected it just means it's so not worth it, that it simply should fall into obscurantism, which is even worst. "It does not even deserve critism, because it is a woman show, so it's probably crap anyway." how is that RESPECTFUL? It's discarded as crap automatically, and people do take their time to take criticism.
Also, the fanservice is not as dehumanizing in fanservice for female as it is on the male side (at least in the case of the harem for women.) Women, for example, in this series ARE treated as boobs and butts only. Men in reverse-harem shows are never show in that way, they are often given character/back-story/etc, and rarely do they become butts and an object of physical pleasure only.

I mean, even in popular culture, I have not seen any other series that has been as criticized as twilight. I imagine that even you have partook in it's criticism. So don't say fanservice for women is not criticised, when it is and a lot.

If something like Diabolik Lovers would be a mainstream thing, it would be just as criticices or even worst. So don't, just don't. Stop whinning.

Both genres are disrespected and treated as crap, because that's what they are.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
I can't believe this......thing... got inspired on utena of all shows.

Don't get me wrong, echi does not bother me one bit, is just that the whole thing seems terribly written and generally awful.

They could've choosen a less amazing source of inspiration, or in any case put more kangaroos.

well this is definitely interesting cause the fanservice is over the top. if its anything like Highschool DxD then i am all for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1