• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Wolf Children's Dubbed, Subtitled Clips

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
That clip is so cute! The movie looks emotionally manipulative in a bad way, but...babypuppies!

Man, I want to see this

Why are they pushing so many screens? Doesn't that cost Funimation money? I don't think its eligible for Academy Award consideration anymore, since it started getting worldwide screenings last year. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Why are they pushing so many screens? Doesn't that cost Funimation money? I don't think its eligible for Academy Award consideration anymore, since it started getting worldwide screenings last year. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

most, if not all, of those screening are set up by fans with the help of Tugg
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote
That dub clip was fantastic, can't wait to re-watch this!
Adamb15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
It's very interesting that most of the screens are in states like Kansas, Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Louisiana.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

I don't think its eligible for Academy Award consideration anymore, since it started getting worldwide screenings last year. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

Foreign films are given a 2-year window, and festival screenings don't count. It's still eligible, but Funi has to do its 1-week L.A. County theater run at or before its home video release next month - which is to say, not likely.
PusoPimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
It's coming to Hamilton, NJ.....ALRIGHT, JERSEY REPRESENT BITCHES!!! WHOOO!!! Even though...I've not heard of this and really aren't all that interested...but still...KICK ASS!!! I hope we get Evangelion 3.33 too!
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote
Aren't the Academy accepting foreign film screeners this year? It'd be nice to see it nominated. It hasn't been a particularly strong year for US animation (The Croods is the only film that pops to mind), so this could be a contender.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

I don't think its eligible for Academy Award consideration anymore, since it started getting worldwide screenings last year. I hope I'm wrong about that, though.

Foreign films are given a 2-year window, and festival screenings don't count. It's still eligible, but Funi has to do its 1-week L.A. County theater run at or before its home video release next month - which is to say, not likely.

They had their 1 week in LA already, so it is Academy eligible.

If more people don't buy tickets for the Champaign screening, it isn't going to happen. Sad (I'm the person that set that one up...)
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I applied to set up one in NYC, I'm surprised I'm the only one. December 12, 7:30, buy tickets when it goes up if you're in or near NYC!

I hope a lot of these end up happening.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking of applying for one to screen in Memphis. Is it still available to start a Tugg campaign, or is it too late?
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
LavenderMintRose wrote:
I applied to set up one in NYC, I'm surprised I'm the only one. December 12, 7:30, buy tickets when it goes up if you're in or near NYC!

I hope a lot of these end up happening.

Really? But how can you buy tickets if its not listed? (Or do you know when it'll go up?) I know I missed my chances with other screenings, but I still want to see it!
RTL3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Really hoping the South Dakota one happens, still need 25 more people though....
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

It hasn't been a particularly strong year for US animation (The Croods is the only film that pops to mind), so this could be a contender.

Also Despicable Me 2 became Sony Universal's 3rd highest grossing film of all time (adjusted for inflation) behind only E.T. and Jurassic Park.

zensunni wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

They had their 1 week in LA already, so it is Academy eligible.

Ah, so it did. It's just up to Funimation to submit the papers.

LavenderMintRose wrote:

Maybe due to having already shown this spring during NYICFF.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
And not again toward NYCC, which sucked. I'd be totally in for a screening if that helps.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
^And not again toward NYCC, which sucked. I'd be totally in for a screening if that helps.

The only other movies that comes to mind is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Monsters U--two sequels with meddling reviews.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2