• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arcana Famiglia Anime's English Dub Cast Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
Didn't even know they were dubbing this. Maybe I'll give it another try in English. It couldn't keep my attention tbh.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, another forgotten reverse harem series getting a dub by Sentai Filmworks with the same names as more or less every other dub they've made. Then again, if I ever watch this I'm probably going to watch it with the dub anyway just like I do with most of these sorts of shows. It's not like I intend to take it seriously in the first place. The awkward, stilted and honorific laden dialogue is just another part of the experience.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Didn't even know they were dubbing this. Maybe I'll give it another try in English. It couldn't keep my attention tbh.
It was just badly done. Apparently Felicita had a personality in the game, but the series turned her into a wet blanket and surrounded her with dull dishwater, with just the occasional morsel thrown out to keep people coming back until it's too late.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:59 am Reply with quote
Chuck Huber? Great performer, very funny, usually Funiamtion, I wouldn't even care to guess if he could save this show. But it's nice to know Pet Girl wasn't dubbed for this.

Quote:
The franchise originated in HuneX (VitaminX Addiction) and Comfort Soft's adventure game that has sold over 50,000 copies for female players.

Interesting assumption but, you know, all because such and such is, yeah, it doesn't mean, yeah...

Anyway, the further assumption is that this series is for the female anime fans out there? Makes me feel sorry for them, honestly it does...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Chuck Huber? In a Sentai dub? And I thought Tia Ballard being in Little Busters was weird. Shocked

I guess times are tough these days, so they're taking work at any studio they can. Even if it involves driving 8 hours from Dallas to Houston to do it. Neutral
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I dont know, his profile on Wikipedia says otherwise. I'm more inclined to believe that Swasey just asked if he wanted to be in this show and Huber said "sure, why not"
jree78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Chuck Huber? In a Sentai dub? And I thought Tia Ballard being in Little Busters was weird. Shocked

I guess times are tough these days, so they're taking work at any studio they can. Even if it involves driving 8 hours from Dallas to Houston to do it. Neutral

I think it's more like times are really good they are getting extra money on the side. Actually it's 3 hours and 30 minutes depending on which route you take.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Except it only takes about half that time to get there.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Except it only takes about half that time to get there.

Unless that's counted as round-trip.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
My mistake. As you can no doubt tell, I'm not actually from Texas. Embarassed

I think I got the 8 hours number from Emily Neves on one of the Guilty Crown commentaries. She mentioned something about it being worth her and Andrew making the trip, but they might have been talking about the round trip. Either that or I just wasn't paying that good attention, which, considering it WAS Guilty Crown, is understandable. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1