• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"More" news link doesn't work in IE 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
If I'm looking for older news down to the bottom of the page and click the "more" link it starts to load for a split second before redirecting me to this url with the message "Sorry, fast.animenewsnetwork.com/javascript could not be found. Are you sure you typed the URL properly?" Only happens with IE 9 and works fine with Chrome 30.0 on Windows 7.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed this for a long time (well over a year.) The function works just fine if you turn compatibility mode on, so it's probably just a standards issue in the call to Java.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately having compatability mode on breaks the revolving news banner so it isn't a very good tradeoff just to get the "more" button working.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
Emerje
Don't feel bad. I've been in compatibility mode ever since IE 10 came out. If I don't use it I can't see the side bar or if it does show the links don't work. I haven't seen the revolving news banner in months. We are supposed to go to a new format soon. That will probably fix some problems only to present all new ones.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
We're not going to bother looking into this as we're abandoning that layout in 2 weeks.

ANN5 (beta.animenewsnetwork.com right now) will become the default layout later this month.

Please check Beta and let us know if there is a problem with the "more" button there.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1