• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Figma Link

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angieness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Glad I wasn't the only one to battle with the shield. The box shows the little strap on the shield easily fitting around his arm as he holds it with his hand, but that's not the case. I eventually got it to work by putting it on the wrist area, but it was a time consuming process.

I got Samus at the same time I got Link, which ended up to be fortunate. Because the peg for Samus' stand doesn't fit into her back but for some reason it does fit into Link and Link's stand fits Samus. Even though honestly, unless you're doing a dynamic pose, Samus is one hell of a sturdy and heavy figma so she holds herself up fine. I was actually more impressed with Samus than I was with Link. Both Figmas are great, but there's definitely some extra love put into the Samus. She even comes with a ball version of herself.
littlefishgirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I missed out on this during the original release too (I was in school and oh so broke!). Samus Aran and Link came in the mail earlier this week and I LOVE THEM. Very highly recommended, especially if you are a fan of the series. Very Happy Only thing that makes me sad is that Samus doesn't come with a metroid.
TotalPotato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Hey, uh... why is Link holding the sword in his right hand?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
TotalPotato wrote:

Because Skyward Sword Link is right handed to accommodate the fact that the vast majority of people are right handed. Don't forget this a Wii game that uses motion capture for the action.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
TotalPotato wrote:

Because Skyward Sword Link is right handed to accommodate the fact that the vast majority of people are right handed. Don't forget this a Wii game that uses motion capture for the action.

GSC included parts so you can make him left handed, you can even put his shield on his right hand too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the blurring from the lackluster graphics of yesteryear's LoZ games shielded me from noticing this earlier, but was Link always so androgynous?

He also looks angry. I didn't realize that they wore green at the South Pole (bad Will Ferrell movie reference).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1