• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Anime TV Ranking, April 16-22

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
Haha... and even in anime, Bleach is topping Naruto... though One Piece is above Bleach and Kekkaishi, but my point is, in Japan, Bleach seems to be more popular than Naruto, Smile.
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote
Yea, i guess the japanese fans are realizing how part 2 is craptacular..the interest in Naruto is fading real fast. The future doesn't look so bright for Shippuuden. Rolling Eyes
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Yea, i guess the japanese fans are realizing how part 2 is craptacular..the interest in Naruto is fading real fast. The future doesn't look so bright for Shippuuden. Rolling Eyes

Well then again I bet a lot of people kind of fell of the Naruto Wagon with all the fillers that went on forever.....As for Bleach being more popular then Naruto I don't necessarily believe that just because Bleach had a better viewing for a week doesn't mean that it's more popular.
matt//reznor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:

You do realise that this was the only week Shippudden wasn't in the top 10 right? Rolling Eyes
LightYagami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quote
I think one way to end this debate might be if the mods and admins are willing to post a poll as to which is better with the following choices:

1.Bleach
2.Naruto(Both series)
3.One Piece
4.I can't make my mind up I like them all equally

To the mods and admins would you be willing to do this?
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote
matt//reznor wrote:
You do realise that this was the only week Shippudden wasn't in the top 10 right? Rolling Eyes

Well, since episode 1-2 the ratings are decreasing every week. Now it's finally off the top.
As for Bleach, the last manga volume outsold Naruto, and now it's happening in anime too, i don't think that's just coincidence.
minuet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
I just want to add that there is a reason Kekkaishi is on that list. It's a very entertaining show. I think it would be successful on the Toonami Saturday night block here.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
I think one way to end this debate might be if the mods and admins are willing to post a poll as to which is better with the following choices:

1.Bleach
2.Naruto(Both series)
3.One Piece

Everyone has different opinions, so why would a poll change them? Kind of silly, don'cha think?

It's amazing how Sazae-san still manages to get viewers! It proves that long-running shows have a resonance or nostalgia factor with it's viewers, Sazae-san is a very sweet anime.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
LightYagami wrote:

1.Bleach
2.Naruto(Both series)
3.One Piece

Everyone has different opinions, so why would a poll change them? Kind of silly, don'cha think?

It's amazing how Sazae-san still manages to get viewers! It proves that long-running shows have a resonance or nostalgia factor with it's viewers, Sazae-san is a very sweet anime.

Yo are correct everyone does have a different opinon. I'm just curious as to what the results are going to be for everyone that goes to the website, just to see which of the three has more of a fanbase.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
CloverKuroba wrote:
LightYagami wrote:

1.Bleach
2.Naruto(Both series)
3.One Piece

Yo are correct everyone does have a different opinon. I'm just curious as to what the results are going to be for everyone that goes to the website, just to see which of the three has more of a fanbase.

having a poll really wont show any real results just in the justification of which show is more popular of the 3. Based on the topics and fandom on here its probably going just be naruto then bleach and way on the bottom is one piece. the ratings are for the japanese viewers and even though naruto has been having less than stellar ratings compared to the past, unless it consistently goes down in ratings each week it will not end the series. hopefully something can spark the interest again or you can say goodbye to this series and have to just read the manga.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quote
But once again, for those of us who keep hearing from those who claim to know posting on these boards & others how One Piece is no longer popular in Japan, it sure seems to be doingg pretty well.
And, realistically, spacewise, there probably isn't room for anything past the top ten list (& that is the obsession, isn't it?), but here in America at least, shows aren't in trouble as long as they're in the top 20, & even top 40 if a desired demographic is being hit or there's critical acclaim.
It's not likely Naruto has fallen that far yet
Demon Crow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:

1.Bleach
2.Naruto(Both series)
3.One Piece

End the debate? But there is no such thing, since One Piece is superior in every aspect.
Jamee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But there is no such thing, since One Piece is superior in every aspect.

Says you maybe. I love Naruto way more. I think it strikes the perfect balance of comedy and drama. I like One Piece but I love Naruto.

But it is all really a matter of opinion.
Cotek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Araki wrote:

Well then again I bet a lot of people kind of fell of the Naruto Wagon with all the fillers that went on forever.....As for Bleach being more popular then Naruto I don't necessarily believe that just because Bleach had a better viewing for a week doesn't mean that it's more popular.

Well even manga-wise, Bleach has done better than Naruto since early 2006. A bigger gap than the difference in tv-ratings, and DVD-sales, I believe it's always done better.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote
This is just a small nitpick, but your blurb says 'Kekkaishi back in top ten,' as if it had fallen out and had leapt back up. I'm pretty sure last week that it along with Conan didn't air. Kekkaishi has generally getting 8-9% ratings which would put it in the top ten consistently.

As for Bleach and Naruto. It has absolutely not always outsold Naruto and outrated it. Naruto is falling in popularity, as it has been going on much longer and hasn't been holding a consistent quality level.

But Bleach isn't really gaining more popularity, just staying consistent in popularity. Give it ten volumes, it will start declining in popularity just like Naruto. The writing is already displaying warning signs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2