• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Good Luck Girl! BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Man, I wished this series did much better in Japan so we can have a long-running comedy female counterpart of Gintama in our hands. Sad
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Video commentary was pretty cool and unexpected. Hope to see more.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my favorite shows during the season it aired and I made sure to pre-order it when it went on sale on rightstuf a while back. Haven't watched it on blu-ray yet, but it's disappointing to hear about the dub in this review. I'll still give it a shot and see how it sounds, but if it's as Carl says I'll be back to the japanese dub quickly.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
don't really agree with all the heartfelt scenes being underwhelming in the dub. the tail end of ep 8,for example, was very well done
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
well give recall seeing the dub give brina & clink as leads well at series did well of sorts give thought going be this year version of panty & stocking dub.

but we some bit hammy dub on it sure much ha of sorts.

also looking rest of cast on the dub

new name aka chapin as keita well 1st time hearing him well give did well got potential in dub anime.

harms as ranmaru still mostly known as kosuda's sister in b gata, jennifer in c control, & other dub give got quite well give more to go.

seitz as bobby yea quite ha on it.

todd as momo yea really oh the pain of ha really give character he did yea got why this happen?

overall dub itself did sorts give IF same level on panty & stocking dub yea swear jar would overload on it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote
Half way through the BD's. I like it a lot. If it wasn't for Christmas, I'd already have finished it.
dsakct

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I watched this dub streaming on Funimation's site, and to LOVED IT. Once they broke out the Moka Akashiya joke this went on my "BUY" list.

I've since watched the subbed version, but i'll probably always prefer the dub, and I have to say I disagree with the anti-dub sentiment here. The voice actors did very well with the material, and gave every character exactly what they needed. I didn't find myself every saying "hmm... that just didn't *feel right* for the words."

Then again, I was probably too busy enjoying the series.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 am Reply with quote
This is one that I missed when it was streaming, partially because I frequently loose track of or forget the things Funi is streaming. Since they upgraded the site, however, I am remembering to go there more, since it isn't nearly as frustrating to watch shows now that their video system works reliably. I just watched the first episode, dubbed, and it was fantastic! I am a huge Brina fan in the first place, and Colleen is brilliant as Momiji, so far.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Looks like ill need to try this one out Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1